Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: SF door guy lines.

I was playing around excited last night about my tarp shipping... Anyways I noticed that my small shock cord looked like it would fit in my mini line locks... A little wiggling to get it through the holes but they fit just right and squeeze down crazy tight because of how squishy they are... So I found my door set up... 3-4' of shock cord, line locks on the tarp door and a mitten hook tied on the end...

I can't see any situation that that wouldn't cover, I have adjustability from inside the tarp, an easy way to adjust length, a little wrap around a stake if I want to go with doors down on the side in porch mode... And its all shock cord so less of a trip hazard... Seems like this solution covers all the bases...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WARBONNET SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    INCUBATOR/BURROW
    Has anyone come up with any other ways? I thought I would bring this thread back to the top and see if anyone has anymore ideas.

Hammock
    RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Sounds like a good plan, this. But where do you find the mitten hooks?

Yesterday, I went to REI (I'm sure they had them before, but no more), then to two different fabric stores (I had to get directions to even find these places). No mitten hooks. Most people I asked didn't know what a mitten hook even was, so I first had to explain that to learn they had no idea where to buy them.

My temporary solution is to tie a bowline at the end of one scrap of shock line, then tie the other cord to that. It works, but its dumb.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    webbing
    Dutch makes mitten hooks. http://dutchwaregear.com/tarp-accessories/

Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChacMool View Post
    Sounds like a good plan, this. But where do you find the mitten hooks?

Yesterday, I went to REI (I'm sure they had them before, but no more), then to two different fabric stores (I had to get directions to even find these places). No mitten hooks. Most people I asked didn't know what a mitten hook even was, so I first had to explain that to learn they had no idea where to buy them.

My temporary solution is to tie a bowline at the end of one scrap of shock line, then tie the other cord to that. It works, but its dumb.
    You can find mitten hooks here......http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/diy-parts.html
    There ya' go...scroll down a bit.
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!

Shug's YouTube Videos

Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

Shug and Friends Jammin'

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    I have a DIY hex tarp with grizz beaks. I use shock cord for my doors. I run it to the other 4 main stakes. This seals up the tarp and allows me to enter though the slit by pushing the outside door away and squeezing between it and the inside door.