Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL / HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly Big daddy
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Re: My new makeshift Cloudburst rigging.

Thanks for sharing this great mod. Would love to do something like this.

Great work...I may have to give it a try.

Hammock
    WBRR DL
    Tarp
    WB CB w/Pole Mod
    Insulation
    WB Lynx FL 0
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by halfastronomical View Post
    This is not a finished project, but I finally got a chance to put it up in the yard. I just used what I had laying around...
    I just drilled holes through the end pieces of the nanolites and attached rings and mini biners for the connection. I will probably go with soft shackles later for the connections.

I will leave it up tonight so that I can tweak it tomorrow after work.
    Halfastronomical, what a great mod! I bought some surplus 13" nanolite sections off ebay and made 7-section poles with locking ends. The nanolites fit through the existing rings at the ends of the ridgeline with enough extra room to run 2mm lines to the tree. I made 5" long by 7/8" grosgrain loops with a 5/16" grommet in the end and used a girth hitch to attach them to each existing side tieout loop. It's so easy to setup, creates a huge space under the tarp and eliminates the extra tieouts to trip over. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I like that, it solves the questions I had about better controlling the poles without sewing anything to my tarp. Excellent tip !!!
    I never hike alone. The voices in my head are always with me.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC & WBRR w/Spindrift
    Tarp
    SuperFly & Cloudbu
    Insulation
    WL/TQ & HG/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware Cinch Bu
    What a great idea.....It's on like donkey kong!

Unofficial Trail Dozer halfastronomical's Avatar
    Hammock
    Any old rag will do... WBRR <3
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/Cuben
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbren View Post
    Halfastronomical, what a great mod! I bought some surplus 13" nanolite sections off ebay and made 7-section poles with locking ends. The nanolites fit through the existing rings at the ends of the ridgeline with enough extra room to run 2mm lines to the tree. I made 5" long by 7/8" grosgrain loops with a 5/16" grommet in the end and used a girth hitch to attach them to each existing side tieout loop. It's so easy to setup, creates a huge space under the tarp and eliminates the extra tieouts to trip over. Thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks guys, I am glad that it worked for you. I no longer have my cloudburst, but I am making one with similar dimensions as soon as I get time.

I ended up going with a similar setup as you, mattbren. I had the same grommet setup with mule tape, and I made another with lash-it dogbones I drillet a hole through the aluminum billet and connected the dogbones to the poles with dutch hooks. Both worked very well but the dogbones were a bit lighter.

Those setups put less stress on your tarp panel pulls than the original mod that I did.
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Unofficial Trail Dozer halfastronomical's Avatar
    Hammock
    Any old rag will do... WBRR <3
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/Cuben
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    When I make the new tarp, I will make a hybrid of the last 2 designs, using the mule tape simply to hold the grommets, then a dogbone connected to that.
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley