Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 200
  1. #51
    I live in South Orange County and would love to attend

    Please put me down as a Maybe as I need to confirm w/ my wife about the weekend

    Thanks,

  2. #52
    WillieCash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    266
    Hey guys, I will update this in the next few days.

    I've just been busy with some family medical issues.

    Looking forward to this!

  3. #53
    WillieCash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by arczeneb View Post
    Checking your weather history for last year the temps were in the high 30's to mid 40's at night this was at Lake Elsinore. Any thoughts on firewood available on my end is the store type but not the hard wood.
    I usally just buy the grocery store type, and bring a few packs. I'm going up there in a couple of weekends so I will let you know how much we go through to give you an idea.

    I imagine you would be coming down the 15 South, if you are exiting at Ortega Highway or the exit before you will need to make a few turns to follow the highway before you reach the foothills so be sure to consult a map.

    While you are on the Riverside Drive portion of the trip, there will be an Albertson's Grocery Store on your right if you want to get some quick supplies. They will have wood as well.

  4. #54
    WillieCash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    266
    Updated Attendee List.

    Please let me know if I need to adjust:

    Confirmed
    WillieCash
    medicmikep
    chetter72
    Ripcurlksm
    SoCal Mike
    Boots13
    arczeneb


    Possible:
    georgemaung
    UrbanWild
    Alpine
    Mudman
    mangus7175
    Triggerhpy
    yavol


    Friday Afternoon:
    arczeneb
    chetter72
    medicmikep - Maybe
    Mudman - Maybe

  5. #55
    Senior Member arczeneb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In the Woods, On the Lake
    Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    HH Asym, GG 10x12
    Insulation
    UGQ,DW,BA,Overbag
    Suspension
    Strap
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieCash View Post
    I usally just buy the grocery store type, and bring a few packs. I'm going up there in a couple of weekends so I will let you know how much we go through to give you an idea.

    I imagine you would be coming down the 15 South, if you are exiting at Ortega Highway or the exit before you will need to make a few turns to follow the highway before you reach the foothills so be sure to consult a map.

    While you are on the Riverside Drive portion of the trip, there will be an Albertson's Grocery Store on your right if you want to get some quick supplies. They will have wood as well.
    Two of us burned 4 bundles on one night. Temps were 32* and windy. Coming down 15 about 4 hours or less. Thought about a different route sightseeing but adds another hour. Noticed on the corner of Ortega and Grand is Lake Elsinore market? I'm off Wednesday thru Tuesday so no rush here but plan to arrive early mourning Friday looking for site #25. More to follow as one gets close to March.
    Thanks for the confirmation I'm in barring any last minute changes.

  6. #56
    medicmikep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Hammock
    BIAS Campus lounger
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    64
    Still trying to get that Friday off but still on for the weekend. I can bring a couple of bundles of wood too.

  7. #57
    Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hammock
    Dangerbird, WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    Underquilts.com
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Posts
    46
    Sooooooo...

    put me down as a maybe. This work thing is getting in the way of stuff! I might even be able to come on both Fri and Sat.

    I will keep you posted.

  8. #58
    WillieCash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by arczeneb View Post
    Two of us burned 4 bundles on one night. Temps were 32* and windy. Coming down 15 about 4 hours or less. Thought about a different route sightseeing but adds another hour. Noticed on the corner of Ortega and Grand is Lake Elsinore market? I'm off Wednesday thru Tuesday so no rush here but plan to arrive early mourning Friday looking for site #25. More to follow as one gets close to March.
    Thanks for the confirmation I'm in barring any last minute changes.
    Sounds great!

    I was thinking that we would probably need 4-5 per fire ring assuming there will be some cooking done before dark and possibly in the morning. We can work it out as far as how many sites to get when we have a firm count.

    I have never noticed the LE market on Grand and Ortega, so my guess is it is either a liquor store or small Latino Grocery. I think Albertson's is probably your best bet.

    I've never looked for multiple hanging locations at the campground before. I've always kind of just looked for a set of good trees and called it a day. So it may take some looking around. I have an overnighter there next weekend so I can take a better look. My initial thoughts are that it would make more sense to get a few smaller sites and have dinner at the one that makes the most sense. If I see a good group location with lots of useful trees, I will take note as well.

  9. #59
    WillieCash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    266
    Updated Attendee List.

    Please let me know if I need to adjust:

    Confirmed
    WillieCash
    medicmikep
    chetter72
    Ripcurlksm
    SoCal Mike
    Boots13
    arczeneb


    Possible:
    georgemaung
    UrbanWild
    Alpine
    Mudman
    mangus7175
    Triggerhpy
    yavol
    Jester


    Friday Afternoon:
    arczeneb
    chetter72
    medicmikep - Maybe
    Mudman - Maybe
    Jester - Maybe

  10. #60
    Senior Member arczeneb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In the Woods, On the Lake
    Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    HH Asym, GG 10x12
    Insulation
    UGQ,DW,BA,Overbag
    Suspension
    Strap
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieCash View Post
    Sounds great!

    I was thinking that we would probably need 4-5 per fire ring assuming there will be some cooking done before dark and possibly in the morning. We can work it out as far as how many sites to get when we have a firm count.

    I have never noticed the LE market on Grand and Ortega, so my guess is it is either a liquor store or small Latino Grocery. I think Albertson's is probably your best bet.

    I've never looked for multiple hanging locations at the campground before. I've always kind of just looked for a set of good trees and called it a day. So it may take some looking around. I have an overnighter there next weekend so I can take a better look. My initial thoughts are that it would make more sense to get a few smaller sites and have dinner at the one that makes the most sense. If I see a good group location with lots of useful trees, I will take note as well.
    Post #44 check out the area around site 39. Dinner at the designated site works. Sunset comes later spring forward on the 10th so an evening fire for socializing. Let me know the top 3 as I might be the early arrival also how many vehicles per site.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •