Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    He does that once in a while and it's definitely one for my favorite pictures of him, for sure. I finally got him to sleep in his hammock all night on our camping trip to Davidson River CG in Transylvanina Co, NC last week. He did good, excepting the first night, but slept in it alone right next to my hammock the other 2 nights. I was proud of him for being brave and sleeping alone.

Edit: For the record, bhancock, both my son and I have ENO DoubleNests also. We use the ENO DryFly rain tarp for both of us for now, but plan to go to DIY gear as soon as I get my collective crap together to do it.

I dont have any DIY gear either. I plan on making my first hammock for her so I can do it on the cheap, in case it doesn't work out. And I need the practice sewing!

Hammock
    ENO
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    well hooch and precha man, you have real darlings!! awsome precious pictures.enjoy, soon enough, they'll be grown.
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    those are really cute kid shots.
    when they get free again, maybe attrol & jeff can make a gallery just for "kids & hammocks".
    Quite possibly your best idea yet, Slowhike. Do we need an online petition or something?
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing & rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Quite possibly your best idea yet, Slowhike. Do we need an online petition or something?
    i don't guess we would need a petition, i suspect they would do it<g>.
    i'm under the impression that attrol & jeff are both covered up right now. i have no idea what all they are having to take care of, but i'll bet they would do it... once they get free.
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I think we'd need to take some precautions. Lots of bad folks out there, so I'd recommend being careful with posting names and even (some) pictures of your children. No sense in providing perverts with what I suspect they'd want.

I think Jeff said in a post once that there were some known predators that had been on the site. I don't know where he got that info from, but we may want to run this by him before we open it up for pictures and info on our kids.

Not to sound to alarmist, it's a great idea, but just trying to approach this a bit more cautiously at first.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing &amp; rings
    Images
    that's true. i did think about jeff's warning about putting kid's name (even the 1st name) on line w/ a picture.
    i don't know about the dangers of putting pictures w/ no though.
    i'm sure jeff & some others here can look into that.
    i don't remember any kid's names being given on this thread, but if so it might be a good idea to edit the name out.
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Thanks, I'd just want to cover all the bases before we jump into this. I appreciate it.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    My DIY 10.5'X5' speer style
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1&quot;poly webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    I think we'd need to take some precautions. Lots of bad folks out there, so I'd recommend being careful with posting names and even (some) pictures of your children. No sense in providing perverts with what I suspect they'd want.

I think Jeff said in a post once that there were some known predators that had been on the site. I don't know where he got that info from, but we may want to run this by him before we open it up for pictures and info on our kids.

Not to sound to alarmist, it's a great idea, but just trying to approach this a bit more cautiously at first.
    You are absolutely right! You have to be careful. I have had to take several classes on the dangers of online predators, and I know how easy it is for them to find children.

The good thing is that most of our children are young enough to always be under someones supervision and wouldn't be by themselves chating to these people. But sane people can never fully imagine the mind of the insane.

I agree with being careful, and stating names would be a no-no to me.

I restarted this thread because we have talked in other threads about taking our children camping or as Jeff says "tothewoods". I found this thread and thought it would be the best place to post interesting ideas about how to have fun with our families. Such as children friendly gear, games, easy trails, etc. My personal favorite is Jeff's use of raisenettes (you can find out for yourself on his kids page.
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I agree, it's a fantastic idea, especially with the proper cautions prominently posted.

I'm looking forward to hearing more stories and tips on what works well (and what doesn't). I've already learned not to try to sleep in the same hammock as a 5 year old, and that stacking hammocks like bunkbeds doesn't necessarily work as well as you'd think.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    My DIY 10.5'X5' speer style
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1&quot;poly webbing
    Images
    My wife just mentioned maybe we could give the children trail-nicknames like Hooch's son Shortstuff. That would be a lot better than using their names.
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."