Hammock
    OX Gear
    Tarp
    OX Shed
    Insulation
    Custom m50 HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I would look at buying a nice thermarest pad and skip that eno. The nero air is a very sweet pad that packs super small.

Or sell the gift card. Or buy something from there and resell which then would give you funds for a proper uq.
    I'm doing it wrong....

Hammock
    DL Streamliner
    Tarp
    Toxaway w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB and/or HG
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images

yowza

Quote Originally Posted by Cavey View Post
    Well, the gift card is for $500. I won it from Trailspace.com. I can only use the card at Backcountry.com. BC is only carrying the Ember. So that is my only option.

At this time, I really don't have the money to drop on some of the other UQ found on other sites. I've got to decide whether to gamble on the Ember or not. If I don't, then my only other option is what I mentioned in my first post--slide my 55F bag over the hammock.
    Wow, I'm jealous!! Yeah, knowhatumean about it being the only thing BC carries - same for REI. I just think the ENO UQ is overpriced for what you get, but then if its basically free, then its not such a bad idea to try it. At 2+ pounds and bulky, however, it strikes me as an item that might be a throwaway at some point - just kinda knowing how things tend to go along the learning curve.

If I didn't need anything else, I might spend that amount on a real nice sleeping bag and pay a little to have it converted to an UQ. Lots of different options with that kind of dough, so think this one through.

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    check out AHE, he has the Jarbidge UQ for around $100.00. It's a super easy to set up, warm quilt and well worth it. I agree the ENO UQ doesn't look very good, although the hotspot looks like a good idea if you already have a thermorest, or buy one with your gift card. My boyfriend has the Neo-air and, while it does pack up nice and small, it is made with a material that is quite noisy, it kinda crinkles every time he moves, and drove him nuts (he now has a Jarbidge UQ). I have a Prolite thermorest and didn't have the crinkly problem, but am also the happy owner of a Jarbidge. Happy shopping with that card!
    Debi

Quote Originally Posted by Cavey View Post
    Well, the gift card is for $500. I won it from Trailspace.com. I can only use the card at Backcountry.com. BC is only carrying the Ember. So that is my only option.

At this time, I really don't have the money to drop on some of the other UQ found on other sites. I've got to decide whether to gamble on the Ember or not. If I don't, then my only other option is what I mentioned in my first post--slide my 55F bag over the hammock.
    Either sell the card or buy some commonly used items from bc and resell them to get money for a good uq. That eno ember sucks and its not worth buying.

Hammock
    Hennessy Ultralight
    Tarp
    HH Hexfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies.
    Have you e-mailed BackCountry.com? It's quite possible that, if you're willing to spend a $500 gift card on something, you could possibly demand they find something for you that they'll willingly sell. Just say something like, "Hi guys, I'm looking for a hammock underquilt. No, I don't want the ENO underquilt. Your move."