Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    Halfastronomical -

This was an accurate and well-written summary (and unfortunate) experience. We agree that you did not receive the customer service you or any of our customers deserve. At times it can be tricky to juggle the volume of emails and phone calls we get but it should be reasonable to expect that we would not miss as many attempts as you made to contact us. Our apologies.

We are currently designing a new system that should streamline our process a bit more. That along with a few other things we are implementing, should enable me to fill in some of the gaps in recent customer service. .

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thorwren View Post
    Halfastronomical -

This was an accurate and well-written summary (and unfortunate) experience. We agree that you did not receive the customer service you or any of our customers deserve. At times it can be tricky to juggle the volume of emails and phone calls we get but it should be reasonable to expect that we would not miss as many attempts as you made to contact us. Our apologies.

We are currently designing a new system that should streamline our process a bit more. That along with a few other things we are implementing, should enable me to fill in some of the gaps in recent customer service. .
    Thank you very much for the reply. I just wanted someone to talk to....

I really hope that your new system works out, and you have definitely not lost me as a customer, as I covet your 900+fill power if nothing else!
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Halfastronomical -

Just my opinion...... You two have had some crappy luck in the last year.. Website- employee stuff.... And the good luck of business boom, with the latter in the picture.... I hope it all comes together for ya.. Faithful customer Stan..........
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    While the thread was warranted, I wanted to clarify we have 11 email correspondences with you in our history (I can't find 30, I'm sorry), and the last email was sent from me on 1/20/13, letting you know of your discount being applied and to let me know if there was anything else I could do for you. If you replied after my email, I never received it.

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    I have had a few communication issues, but it always works out. I love my HG quilts.....RR
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    While the thread was warranted, I wanted to clarify we have 11 email correspondences with you in our history (I can't find 30, I'm sorry), and the last email was sent from me on 1/20/13, letting you know of your discount being applied and to let me know if there was anything else I could do for you. If you replied after my email, I never received it.
    That is my fault, the number 30 was counting messages through your website, emails to both you, and Adam and pms via HF...not just emails

I may have miscounted, but it is very close to that number, but I stand corrected from the way I worded it. Sorry for that.
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    4S cuben
    Insulation
    down
    Halfastronomical -

Just don't turn into a world domination mega-corporation!

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDave View Post
    ..Applying laws of supply and demand, one option for HG may be less aggressive discounts. More profit from fewer orders would allow Adam and Jenny the opportunity to provide better service to those who value their products most.
    OCDave,

We almost NEVER have a sale. We do the Black Friday sale as an annual event as one way of giving back to the HF community. With our prices being what they are, and the margin that is left, we make considerably less money on the sale than most people might think. Trust me

We thought were ready for this year but right after the sale we experienced some unexpected staffing issues that changed expected timelines considerably. We will do things differently next year.

~Stormcrow
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I think folks just need to understand the cottage industry.These people are busy doing every job involved. Measuring, cutting sewing , stuffing, admin, supply ordering, finances, ect. I know when I pay for a product at Hammock Gear that I'm going to get exactly what I want when it's finished and I don't care if I never get a word from them in between. I'm sure it's a little nerve wracking if it's the first thing you have ever ordered from them. I'm sure just like me you will be a loyal customer from now on. Can't beat two pillows and 20% off. Glad you dig your quilt. Welcome to the club.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    I think folks just need to understand the cottage industry.These people are busy doing every job involved. Measuring, cutting sewing , stuffing, admin, supply ordering, finances, ect. I know when I pay for a product at Hammock Gear that I'm going to get exactly what I want when it's finished and I don't care if I never get a word from them in between. I'm sure it's a little nerve wracking if it's the first thing you have ever ordered from them. I'm sure just like me you will be a loyal customer from now on. Can't beat two pillows and 20% off. Glad you dig your quilt. Welcome to the club.
    I agree with HamMike. Too many times,,I see members of this forum expecting everything their way, including myself,,and you have to realize, your dealing with a small dealer that is busting his/her butt for a living expecting everything your/our way. HG is AWESOME on their products and service in my book as well as all others that I have made purchases from off this forum as cottage makers and their products are best in my book. Sure we can't communicate as asap as we might like,,but that goes with the turf that these people have to work in busting their butts constantly trying to please everybody all the time. Sorry people..but the old saying goes,,you can't please everybody no matter what you try as some times, someone just falls thru the cracks. There have been a time or two, I felt like I fell thru the cracks communicating with a cottage mfger, but come to realize that there are reasons it "just happens sometimes", no matter what the excuses.

I will say this in defense of HG,,sent a tarp back to them just a couple of weeks ago, told Jen in a email,,didn't need it for a couple of months as I had 2 others to use of which one of them was theirs (another cuben tarp I own),,got it back yesterday unexpectly with TOTAL satisfaction once again from them and they didn't charge me a dime for the repair. I am still trying to communicate with them offering to pay them for at least, some labor and shipping as I KNOW, they are busting their butts to make everybody happy, are small in business, home bodied type business, working their butts off to please us,

Guys, take alittle time and smell the roses a bit. All of these cottage makers are here for us and we are all one big happy family in pursuit of our endevours.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast