Well, last night I began the "HH clone on a diet" project using this design. The question is just how light can you get a HH Clone but stay comfortable. I expect this to be a longer term project, in preparation for a thru-hike dream at retirement, so the hammock needs to be durable enough to last 2200 miles.

So far, I've taken some really nice 1.9 ounce Ripstop I picked up at Joanne Fabrics (really nice feel and drape) and built the Hammock body. The body is 9.5 feet long and 5 feet wide. I then took a piece of 7/64 amsteel blue I had as extra from my Whoopie Sling making project and created a Ridgeline with an buried eye on either end. The Ridgeline is 80% of the hammock body length.

I roll whipped the ends with zipties.

The weight of the body and ridgeline is 10.4 ounces at present.

I'm debating on going back and adding a bottom entry slit, although I think I'd prefer a zipper ...... choices, choices, choices.

I have some nanoseeum netting laying around from an abandoned bivy project to make the bugnet after I sew on the tieouts.

I'm targeting 1 pound using fairly conventional materials.

I can't thank you guys enough for all the hard work you've put into this design ... I'm looking forward to completing the project!