Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Mamba
    Suspension
    Tree Straps
    Images

Lots of Frost

Last night at the NJ Winter Hang I finally got to test my gear in some cold snowy weather. Over night temp was 8 degrees, the inside temperature of the sock was 25.3 (my thermometer is +3 degrees and read 28.3). I stayed surprisingly warm, but there was a whole lot of frost inside my Winter Sock. I had the sock ventilated, but maybe there was just lots of moisture in the air over night. At around 4:30 am nature called and that's when I discovered I was sleeping in a frost cave. When I exited the sock, I noticed that my tarp had just as much frost underneath as did the sock. When I returned to the hammock I slid the sock off and climbed back in. Even with the sock out of the way I managed to stay warm.

My overnight setup

Tarp: Warbonnet Mamajamba
    Winter Sock: Dream Hammock
    Hammock: Travel Hammock Ultra Light
    Under Quilt: KAQ New River Three Season
    Top Quilt: KAQ Oywhee Three Season
    Additional Insulatio: Foam Pad and 40 Degree Sleeping bag

After setting up the Hammock and underquilt, I laid the foam pad inside the hammock, I then tucked the top quilt into the 40 degree bag. I wore a pair of wool socks, two layers of thermal pants and my fleece pajama bottoms. For the upper torso two layers of thermals and my fleece hoodie. For my head I had a buff, a balaclava and my my hoodie. My hands were tucked under the underquilt / sleeping bag combo. I wound up using my down coat as a pillow.

Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have always had the same experience with a sock. Mine was rip-stop breathable nylon. Kept me warm but it was always an ice cave.
    Some folks have been having some good results with canvas socks.
    Shug

My old sock.....
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!

Shug's YouTube Videos

Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

Shug and Friends Jammin'