Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Creepy??

I was looking at their site a while back thinking about building my own three point setup. The only way that works out is with their suspension/tension system they've developed in conjunction with their trampoline type floor. I thought it was a interesting concept but finding three trees spaced appropriately is definitely harder than two in my book.

Here's another weird one for you guys the "Tentsile - Tree Tent" for any environment they say. The even have one that's supposed to sleep 6-8 people.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG TQ,UQ, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies or rings
    $1200, new winter palace cuben tarp, new burrow and a whole new summer quilt set as well LOL!! Ill keep dreamin for now
    "I love not man the less, but Nature more."
    Byron

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Heck, even if it were all cuben, it would still be exorbitantly expensive. Seems like an awful lot to pay - and carry - to get a flatter lay. Wouldn't the whole tent configuration be susceptible to wind gusts? I didn't notice any guylines for that. Or maybe its so well constructed with space age materials that it doesn't need additional accessories like that... LOL.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    They got the right idea; it's just that the application is a bit... off.

For the price of their minimalist setup I could live quite high on the hammock-gear hog, and for $1200 I could set myself up for a lifetime AND buy a Molly MacPack to lug the gear around in.

Still, I'll pass no judgement--the insanely wealthy need something to spend their money on. Why not the world's most ridiculous t-ammock?

Ooops, judgement
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by timabababaluka View Post
    They got the right idea; it's just that the application is a bit... off.

For the price of their minimalist setup I could live quite high on the hammock-gear hog, and for $1200 I could set myself up for a lifetime AND buy a Molly MacPack to lug the gear around in.

Still, I'll pass no judgement--the insanely wealthy need something to spend their money on. Why not the world's most ridiculous t-ammock?

Ooops, judgement
    mwahahaha! well said!
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    I did get a chance to see one up close at the 3rd Annual Florida Hang. ItsAndy was doing a product review on it. You can tell the guy who designed this was a sailor. The suspension system uses Harken blocks which is some pretty serious hardware.

I can see where it would not be the right fit for most, but for someone like my friend who does kayaking excursions and sometimes has to make camp on a beach, it saves him the trouble of having to carry both a tent and a hammock.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Images
    Some folks will go to any length just so they don't have to admit a hammock is better than a tent...

swank

Hammock
    Hexon 1.6 Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Climashield UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies / Straps

Can anyone say "Group Buy"

Quote Originally Posted by scoffman View Post
    Here's another weird one for you guys the "Tentsile - Tree Tent" for any environment they say. The even have one that's supposed to sleep 6-8 people.
    That has group buy written all over it.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Watch the setup video...HOLY COW are they putting some serious tension on those ropes. I'm trying to figure out how that's NOT horrible for the trees, even with the tree straps.

Not to mention...I've not yet seen how you get in and out of the darned things???

I think $1300 is definitely a bit pricey! I wonder how many people it is supposed to sleep. If someone were to execute this idea, and you could sleep multiple people...then it might be useful and the weight might be tolerable if you could split the load.

Still...the part that bothers me as others mentioned is finding a site:

From their FAQ section:

What is an easy site?

An easy site would be one in which the trees were on nearly level ground and spaced in an easy, nearly equilateral or isoceles (two sides the same length, one side shorter) triangle at least a few feet on each side larger than the footprint of the tent which, with the Alpha, is also shaped as an isoceles triangle. An easy set-up would be from about knee high off the ground—the user must leave some sag room to keep his behind off the ground—to about head-high which is about the highest a user can set the tent and still do all set-up operations from the ground.
    Equilateral or isoceles?? I'm going to have to pack my 7th grade Geometry book in order to find a site!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast