Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63
  1. #21
    Senior Member jerzybears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cranford, NJ
    Hammock
    Hennessy explorer/Mod4
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Tarp
    Insulation
    HG phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    479
    Images
    12
    Midway in the am???
    Peggy & Russ --The Jerzybears -

    I do not read advertisements. I would spend all of my time wanting things.
    -Franz Kafka

  2. #22
    G...Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Glendale, NY/ NYC
    Hammock
    WBBB.coyote WBBB.olive
    Tarp
    WB Edge+SuperFly
    Insulation
    DIYIXUQ+TQ+SngFit
    Suspension
    webbing, whoOpies
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    G It would be an honor to loan you a quilt. However tell stormcrow you want to make this hang and he will put a rush on it.
    Thanks Dutch, but I have a combo-IX-multi-layer-multi-season-TQ with additional down throws that worked in the past.

    Ordered the Burrow0* after the NJWinterHang, in the end of January, there are many in line, so I can wait : Dream of the Burrow0* in February and hang in it in March.

    ( I was just crowing that I, too, will now have a Burrow0*.)


    G
    trailname : Distracted By Stone

  3. #23
    G...Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Glendale, NY/ NYC
    Hammock
    WBBB.coyote WBBB.olive
    Tarp
    WB Edge+SuperFly
    Insulation
    DIYIXUQ+TQ+SngFit
    Suspension
    webbing, whoOpies
    Posts
    609
    How much snow did the 501 area of the AT get last night?

    How far is the hangsite from parking ? North or South of trail ?




    Here in NYC varied snow amounts; in Queens only about 10" with drifts, the other end of Long Island and CT and MA measured snow in feet.

    Spent the morning and early afternoon shoveling sidewalks, driveway and neighbors' cars. NYC makes a weekend snowstorm a festival.

    Feeling good after the hours of shoveling. Arthur and I love to shovel snow.



    G
    Last edited by G...Hawk; 02-09-2013 at 23:58.
    trailname : Distracted By Stone

  4. #24
    Senior Member G.L.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schuylkill Co. PA
    Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Posts
    5,107
    Quote Originally Posted by G...Hawk View Post
    How much snow did the 501 area of the AT get last night?

    How far is the hangsite from parking ? North or South of trail ?




    Here in NYC varied snow amounts; in Queens only about 10" with drifts, the other end of Long Island and CT and MA measured snow in feet.

    Spent the morning and early afternoon shoveling sidewalks, driveway and neighbors' cars. NYC makes a weekend snowstorm a festival.

    Feeling good after the hours of shoveling. Arthur and I love to shovel snow.



    G
    we didn't get that much here maybe 2-3 inch ... the parking area should be fine by next week since the caretakers need to get plowed out ..
    the camping is only 50-60 yards from the parking area
    and if you need help bringing your gear in i'll be more than happy to help buddy
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

  5. #25
    Senior Member G.L.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schuylkill Co. PA
    Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Posts
    5,107
    oh yeah i talked to Uncle ray ray and i think he will be coming as well so we should have the entire crew this time
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

  6. #26
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reinholds, PA
    Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    5,264
    Images
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzybears View Post
    Midway in the am???
    Yeah I think it is a tradition now. Gives a good excuse to get up and out in the morning too.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003


    http://dutchwaregear.com

    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)

    8th Annual Mt Rogers Winter Hang Spreadsheet

  7. #27
    G...Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Glendale, NY/ NYC
    Hammock
    WBBB.coyote WBBB.olive
    Tarp
    WB Edge+SuperFly
    Insulation
    DIYIXUQ+TQ+SngFit
    Suspension
    webbing, whoOpies
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by G.L.P. View Post
    we didn't get that much here maybe 2-3 inch ... the parking area should be fine by next week since the caretakers need to get plowed out ..
    the camping is only 50-60 yards from the parking area
    and if you need help bringing your gear in i'll be more than happy to help buddy
    Thanks G.L.P.,
    I won't need help. BobO/Scout78 has wanted to camp, he has had some recent limitations and this may be good for him.

    Looking forward to this.


    G
    trailname : Distracted By Stone

  8. #28
    Senior Member G.L.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schuylkill Co. PA
    Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Posts
    5,107
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzybears View Post
    Midway in the am???
    can we do what we did on mothers day last year and tell them your our mom LOL
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norristown, PA
    Hammock
    WWBB
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    GLP UQ,UGQ/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Dutchware
    Posts
    230
    Edited. Luckily realized I wasn't at the 501 before I hit submit.

  10. #30
    Senior Member jerzybears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cranford, NJ
    Hammock
    Hennessy explorer/Mod4
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Tarp
    Insulation
    HG phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    479
    Images
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by G.L.P. View Post
    can we do what we did on mothers day last year and tell them your our mom LOL
    That was hysterical!!!!!
    Peggy & Russ --The Jerzybears -

    I do not read advertisements. I would spend all of my time wanting things.
    -Franz Kafka

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •