Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WB MJ
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Toggles

Ready to hang but need some insight!

Firstly, what a blessing it has been to read all of the amazing information on this forum. I thank you all for that. And thanks to Shug, Fronkey, and TheBrewGuy for the great videos/ideas thus far.

SO. I will be purchasing my first hammock here very soon. I've narrowed it down to the BIAS WWM DL. After a lot of research, I prefer to purchase from a smaller company (I come from a long line of small business family), and I opted for the Double Layer to use a pad (initially) until I can get into a proper UQ. <I am somewhat of a weight conscious backpacker, so the WWM (even double layered) will work well for my purposes.>

My questions here are: Given the 9' fixed ridge line, what sort of dimensions should I consider to DIY a Hex tarp? I like the idea of a hex tarp because (even slightly heavier) I feel it offers a ton of versatility for not only hammock camping, but also great multi-purpose out in the woods in many different scenarios.

I am not afraid to DIY almost anything. I have been blessed with great mechanical abilities (I've been building cars for over a decade), and am a very fast learner. ALSO, a good friend of mine has already made his whole hammock setup (tarp and bugnet included) so I have that resource as well.

Am I supported in my hammock choice? *(6' 170lbs) And getting into the DIY tarp (and more likely than not a bugnet as well), any resources or dimensional advice for me right now?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

-Pace
    There are two rules for success:
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Look up the wilderness logics tad pole and use those dimensions... A lot of people swear by that tarp so it must be doing something right in the dimension department...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

• + New Posts