Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 412
  1. #381
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    28
    Mule, Are you in Indy often?

  2. #382
    Senior Member Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kokomo IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Posts
    3,281
    Images
    27
    No you would have to meet me near here somewhere where we could find trees. perhaps at a club I belong to in Elwood, but see if you find someone closer first then we'll go from there. There are some who live in Indy.
    There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
    Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

  3. #383

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    IN
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL, 1.7, GT, BIAS Micro
    Tarp
    zpacks
    Insulation
    Yeti 0*
    Suspension
    Tri Glide, Woopie
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    No you would have to meet me near here somewhere where we could find trees. perhaps at a club I belong to in Elwood, but see if you find someone closer first then we'll go from there. There are some who live in Indy.
    Folks, a meetup group called Indy Backpackers have a group hang, but the date is TBD.
    http://www.meetup.com/backpackers-14...1_vm&_af=event

    Mule, I need to be taught on how to hang, too. When could we hang again in the the HNF?

  4. #384
    Senior Member Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kokomo IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Posts
    3,281
    Images
    27
    I am ready to go again already. Maybe the three of us can make a trip happen.
    There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
    Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

  5. #385

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    IN
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL, 1.7, GT, BIAS Micro
    Tarp
    zpacks
    Insulation
    Yeti 0*
    Suspension
    Tri Glide, Woopie
    Posts
    94
    How about this weekend?? I am OPEN! I missed the Tecumseh hang...

  6. #386
    New Member Conchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hammock
    Eno Double Nest
    Tarp
    Eno Dry Fly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator, Fat
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas Straps
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by blessedoneness View Post
    Folks, a meetup group called Indy Backpackers have a group hang, but the date is TBD.
    http://www.meetup.com/backpackers-14...1_vm&_af=event

    Mule, I need to be taught on how to hang, too. When could we hang again in the the HNF?
    I am one of the organizers for Indybackpackers. I am usually at most of the outings unless my wife has "more important" things for me. I will be glad to show you how to setup at any of the outings. There may be one this weekend. Still don't know when that hang will be, but anyone is more than welcome to join the group. It's free.

    P.S. the only wrong way to hang is to end up on the ground. Just my opinion. Everyone has different methods.
    Last edited by Conchita; 08-21-2013 at 12:55.

  7. #387
    New Member Conchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hammock
    Eno Double Nest
    Tarp
    Eno Dry Fly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator, Fat
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas Straps
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by blessedoneness View Post
    Folks, a meetup group called Indy Backpackers have a group hang, but the date is TBD.
    http://www.meetup.com/backpackers-14...1_vm&_af=event

    Mule, I need to be taught on how to hang, too. When could we hang again in the the HNF?
    I just set the date for the hang with Indy Backpackers. It will be the second weekend in October.
    Last edited by Conchita; 08-21-2013 at 23:51.

  8. #388
    Senior Member Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kokomo IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Posts
    3,281
    Images
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by fleshlight View Post
    Mule, Are you in Indy often?
    fleshlight, If you want to meet at the Conservation Club in Elwood we could hang there? And if you want on the Short Notice List to receive quick trip information, PM me and I'll get you on it. We could car camp at the Conservation Club anytime or just set up and tear down to show you how it's done. Be glad to help.
    There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
    Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

  9. #389

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    N.E. Indiana
    Hammock
    DIY Insulated 3.5 season
    Insulation
    Boreal Beast UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and rings .
    Posts
    459
    Just a FYI . We have a group , mostly hangers that get together on the BLood Root Trail every fall . (Salamonie resevoir 32 miles south of Fort Wayne )
    We do kill things like fish and squirrel and also the odd Puffball . The Blood Root is 13 miles long and you can either hike 11.5 mile or 1.5 mile depending on which end of the trail you enter . You can hike or mountain bike your choice .

    This falls outing is Sept. 13,14 and 15/ 2013. If anybodys interested Ill post a map

  10. #390
    Senior Member Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kokomo IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Posts
    3,281
    Images
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by riverjoe View Post
    Just a FYI . We have a group , mostly hangers that get together on the BLood Root Trail every fall . (Salamonie resevoir 32 miles south of Fort Wayne )
    We do kill things like fish and squirrel and also the odd Puffball . The Blood Root is 13 miles long and you can either hike 11.5 mile or 1.5 mile depending on which end of the trail you enter . You can hike or mountain bike your choice .

    This falls outing is Sept. 13,14 and 15/ 2013. If anybodys interested Ill post a map
    Sure, post the map. I have hiked up there a time or two.
    There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
    Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •