Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Adj Webbing
    Finally moved my hanging points closer to the ridge pole attachment points a few days ago. Almost now bowing now.

It was tough to get a pic of myself...utilized a nearby mirror!

For the "stoppers" I ended up using two larger zip ties zipped around the pole, wrapped in duct tape. Didn't have any inner tubes. Seems to be a good solution for now to keep the suspensiong from creeping in - no movement all night.

I discovered (when setting up this time) that my setup fits nicely in our guest bedroom and hangs just high enough where I have 2" between the lowest point of the hammock and the bed below me. I can get in the hammock from the bed and now if there was any failure it'd be a nice soft landing.

Hammock
    Dangerbird, HHED
    Tarp
    WB Superfly Camo
    Insulation
    HG UQ, SS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    That's funny man, what a setup!

Yeah, much better without the bow, I use inner tubes and a bolt that runs through the tube as a last resort. Thinking of taking out the bolt, but it works for now.

Hammock
    1.9 DL Switchback
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    Underground Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps n Rings
    PeteZ - I've sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by petez View Post
    Don't know if anyone would be interested, but I bought 16 of this type aluminum pole with a bag, (never know when you may need extra was going to make a 16' top rail
    Anyways, now that I have been diagnosed with ALS they are way too heavy to work with for me. They have not been used yet, or worked on.
    I will arrange to have them shipped in the USA for $100.00.

PeteZ
    Suddenly I got messages from 3 different folks all wanting these, all within 8 hrs of each other. Wish I had more to offer! Got to figure how to arrange shipping and then I will contact the earliest reply to see if he still wants them.

Sorry for the late reply, the last few days have been in reaction mode

PeteZ
    PoleHangin everywhere

Hammock
    WBBB.coyote WBBB.olive
    Tarp
    WB Edge+SuperFly
    Insulation
    DIYIXUQ+TQ+SngFit
    Suspension
    webbing, whoOpies
    Back in May, camping in very rainy days: The first time setup was only as tarp /shelter.

Tarp under ridgepole and over ridgepole.
    Silicone swimcap ( $1 ) as hemlock and nature fallout protector.

Groundhog's idea of test plugs; different kind with long butterfly nuts ( approx $3 ).
    Where we often camp : ground is a good mix of sand+earth+rivergravel, with great drainage, rarely muddy.
    Good foot surface.
    BUT. . . when traveling these may be very good.

Green Simply Orange juice container lids. Nice snug fit. ( fun to find foot cap )
    May be good on some surface ? ?, concrete ? : with tripod position only part of edge is contacting surface.

Velcro shop-wraps make a strong hold on tripod sections for packing up.

As suggested : in future will use rubber tube protection on cords against hardware ( once familiar with the best placement, hard to see exactly where cord is when hidden by rubber ).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by G...Hawk; 06-20-2013 at 19:39.
    trailname : Distracted By Stone

Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ JRB TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by hppyfngy View Post
    Okay, thanks to all you who have gone before me, I now enter the fray.

I have to! I can't help myself! Besides, I've had the poles for a month and yes, I eventually succumbed and ordered the Grainger clips. That was hard as I don't have a local Grainger's and with shipping they were like $25! Almost half of what the poles plus the bag cost!

Made the bodger in me cry a little...

So, as much as I love wrapping and frapping, I think I'm just going to save my lashing skills for more natural woodsy materials like bamboo and wood poles. For this baby, I'm going heavy metal. Industrial!

Just read through the whole thing again before I start, looking for any innovations.

Agfa, are your spread limiters working hard? I mean do you trust those cord locks or are they just sort of keeping everything in place? I guess the tripods dig in enough so that they aren't really being called upon to keep the tripod from spreading? I'm unsure how I'm going to address that...

I'm also not sure about how I like the open ends of the legs sucking up dirt
    if you're on wet ground, but I don't know if I want to do the spike mod, as clever as it is...

And I'm glad the point about the eyebolts on the ridge pole has been explored. I might have done that if left to my own devices.

So I'm off to the hardware store soon to pick up the eyebolts and washers and things I don't have for the assembly.

Thanks again!

Any other new tips anyone can think of, after having lived with these things for a little while?
    I found a pack of 10 of these snap buttons on Zoro tools (part number G3446091), and they were $9.98 including shipping:
    http://www.zorotools.com/g/00047425/k-G3446091/

They are a little more reasonable shipped from Zoro than from Granger, for those of us who do not have a Granger nearby.

Hammock
    The one in the van
    Tarp
    CamoHexMonster
    Insulation
    Fluff
    Suspension
    Flying Trapeze
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by McBroom View Post
    I found a pack of 10 of these snap buttons on Zoro tools (part number G3446091), and they were $9.98 including shipping:
    http://www.zorotools.com/g/00047425/k-G3446091/

They are a little more reasonable shipped from Zoro than from Granger, for those of us who do not have a Granger nearby.
    To be fair, mine were $25 for two packs of 10.

But your deal is still better! Thanks!
    Caution: Happy Fun Guy may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.
    If Happy Fun Guy begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Guy. - Randy

TDStand Instructions

TDStand Disclaimer! I'm Not Kidding!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC or GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Whoopies or web
    Found another source for the poles.
    Also an ebay seller who is willing to make a deal. If you order 20 or more, excellent pricing.

You can contact him via email, pm me for details.

His name is Bill and his prices are very reasonable.
    Ebay seller id http://www.ebay.com/usr/w2srq

His ebay listing spells out purchase options in a spreadsheet at the bottom of the listing.
    Ebay item ID 261249003843

Link
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/261249003843...843%26_rdc%3D1

Hammock
    WBBB XLC or GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Whoopies or web
    Poles arrived, 80 of them.
    Bill parted with them for less than $4 ea New Old Stock, unused.

Order the used but clean poles and save another $.25 per pole.

Order 10-20 and he will keep you in that range.

80 poles delivered in 3 bags but I think I will get a couple more to make humping them a little easier for the gang.

The impetus for this project is fallout from Project Big Mouth, making 20+ hammocks for friends and family. Well one family has few trees and lots of kids, so we need to be able to deploy 5-7 hammocks at a time. This thread offered the solution.

Updates to follow, off to order stuff from Gainger and workup a jig for the drill press.

Thanks to all who have posted up info, instructions, ideas and pics. I'll be needing them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ratdog; 08-18-2013 at 20:02.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    Poles arrived, 80 of them....
    Just think how much time you'll have to hang when you get this project behind you.