DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    It certianly looks good and if it is fully water proof and can keep you dry in a real down pour then you've certainly got yourself a great tarp. Have you tested the water proofness of the material yet?
    It most definitely is waterproof, I have used it in the past before I repurposed. Whe I hang this up to take pics ill turn the Waterhose on it to see just how waterproof it is.

Gnut: I wouldn't exactly say tribal lore, but I will add a graphic with measurements I would use for the next time when I can use my wife's computer when I get home today.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 11-foot gathered end
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    GoLite, WB, HG, UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    I'll take whatever I can get...LOL

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Hey g-nut sorry it took so long, I had to go off island for work with zero access to my hammock or my wife's computer. Here is a visual of the dimesions I would use for next time around.

Once again, sorry it took so long, but I did do this first chance I got. pics of it flying will hopefully be done tomorrow...
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Here are the actual dimensions I used for my tarp (note the diffenence in dimensions from above picture). Have not had it hung since. I have been too occupied with work and all. I am also in the process of a couple quilts and a way to have both tarp and hammock to the same hugger. Anyways here is a pic of the actual dimesions used.

Also listed below is a thread I wish I had seen prior to making this tarp. Mad777 had the same idea I did as far as size. I found it last night when I was bored at work. Ultimately I would like to either DIY another with real materials or buy a maccat micro, but for now this will do just fine. Hope all can learn from this post, and please if their are any questions feel free to post/pm me.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=26489

I stopped by Walmart and bought one of these yesterday. I'm going to try my hand at tarp making.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Its cheap and its actually not as hard as it looks. At least not with this material. I have only used it once since i made it and i now own a cuben that i havent gotten to hang yet other than to see it strung up, but it did work the time i used it. I am thinking of getting one of these any time i want to test designs.

As an fyi, you will need to seal the seam. Its like they used a needle the size of a pen for it. Other than that i love it.

Hammock
    11' single layer Hammeck
    Suspension
    whoopies FTW!
    so fish... I was wondering why you shortened it down to 10', when it was originally 12'?

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Simple, i didnt need a tarp that large. It was to save weight and allow me to pitch it closer to the hammock. When i made this i was thinking of a way to hang my tarp and hammock from the same hugger trying to save setup time. I am planning on a similar build soon.

Hammock
    11' single layer Hammeck
    Suspension
    whoopies FTW!
    Ah, I see... as a recent convert from "overkill car camping", I'm not used to the idea of giving up room yet! Really good looking tarp, and great price!

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    The price was the selling point, and thanks for the compliment. It was the first tarp I made. I will get back to using it one of these days.