Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Senior Member The RidgeRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Williamsport, PA
    Hammock
    Dangerbird or WBBB
    Tarp
    4 s Cuben Z-packs
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Burrow
    Suspension
    Some of everything
    Posts
    423
    Images
    6

    Caretaker Wanted??

    http://www.bmecc.org/at.html

    Not sure if this is accurate, the the Blue Mountain Eagle Climbing Club has on their website that a caretaker is wanted for the 501.

    If'n it weren't 3 hours away from work, i'd be all over it.
    Experts are the ones who think they know everything. Geniuses are the ones who know they don't.

    Gather round your hearts the tinder,
    lay the oak and pine together,
    kindle all that is within you with a warm and cheerful spirit.

  2. #12
    Senior Member G.L.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schuylkill Co. PA
    Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Posts
    5,107
    yeah the caretaker that is there is moving to a new location ... every 3-4 years they move to a different part of the trail
    it's a nice house too

    if i don't get to come out for the night i might show up to say hi.. but i'm looking into coming in Late if i can... just not sure yet
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

  3. #13
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reinholds, PA
    Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    5,263
    Images
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by The RidgeRunner View Post
    http://www.bmecc.org/at.html

    Not sure if this is accurate, the the Blue Mountain Eagle Climbing Club has on their website that a caretaker is wanted for the 501.

    If'n it weren't 3 hours away from work, i'd be all over it.
    If it weren't 90 minutes from my wifes job, i would live this.

    I may come out to play.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003


    http://dutchwaregear.com

    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)

    8th Annual Mt Rogers Winter Hang Spreadsheet

  4. #14
    ok, so who's in for this weekend?

  5. #15
    fishbait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jamesburg, NJ
    Hammock
    Bias Weenie
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Mamba
    Suspension
    Tree Straps
    Posts
    2,601
    Images
    8

    Re: Overnighter at the 501 Shelter. Mar 9 - 10th

    I'm still planning on going, the wife thinks I'm crazy. I just tell her it keeps me from going insane
    Last edited by fishbait; 03-05-2013 at 22:19.

  6. #16
    Senior Member G.L.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schuylkill Co. PA
    Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Posts
    5,107
    they are calling for a good amount of snow up this way ... maybe over a foot so i'll keep everyone posted on the weather
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

  7. #17
    fishbait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jamesburg, NJ
    Hammock
    Bias Weenie
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Mamba
    Suspension
    Tree Straps
    Posts
    2,601
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by G.L.P. View Post
    they are calling for a good amount of snow up this way ... maybe over a foot so i'll keep everyone posted on the weather
    Sounds good. The misses is pushing for me to go to Wharton, but I really want to check out the 501 site

  8. #18
    Senior Member G.L.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schuylkill Co. PA
    Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Posts
    5,107
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbait View Post
    Sounds good. The misses is pushing for me to go to Wharton, but I really want to check out the 501 site
    the 501 is nice... it's not very big to be honest
    it's nice cause it's close to a road so it's kinda like car camping but you still need to walk 50+ yards to the sites
    to be honest i rather WIlliam Penn or eagles nest ... i like to hike to sites away from roads but it's hard to get everyone on board with a hike/hang so we do the 501 90% of the time
    i think the next one i set up will be at either Will Penn or Eagles Nest
    April i'll try to finish up what i have left of PA just to get it out of the way in hopes to start on another state next year
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

  9. #19
    fishbait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jamesburg, NJ
    Hammock
    Bias Weenie
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Mamba
    Suspension
    Tree Straps
    Posts
    2,601
    Images
    8
    If it comes down to it and nobody can make it, I can always change my plans back to my original thought, hiking form DWG to the Kirkridge Shelter. It'll give me a chance to get some PA AT hiking done.

  10. #20
    Senior Member jerzybears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cranford, NJ
    Hammock
    Hennessy explorer/Mod4
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Tarp
    Insulation
    HG phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    479
    Images
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by G.L.P. View Post
    the 501 is nice... it's not very big to be honest
    it's nice cause it's close to a road so it's kinda like car camping but you still need to walk 50+ yards to the sites
    to be honest i rather WIlliam Penn or eagles nest ... i like to hike to sites away from roads but it's hard to get everyone on board with a hike/hang so we do the 501 90% of the time
    i think the next one i set up will be at either Will Penn or Eagles Nest
    April i'll try to finish up what i have left of PA just to get it out of the way in hopes to start on another state next year
    Ahhhh...bringing back memories of "Dutch's Briar Patch Hang!"
    Peggy & Russ --The Jerzybears -

    I do not read advertisements. I would spend all of my time wanting things.
    -Franz Kafka

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •