Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Supershelter, MSS

Supershelter questions.

I opened my new supershelter to look it over and see if I can get it back in the bag. All looks well except for the loft of the ocf pad. After 6 hrs it has remained compressed in some critical areas. Some spots it's 1/2" thick, others its maybe 1/8". Is there anything that I can do to get it back into shape? Cool tumble in the cloths dryer, hair dryer?

Also, anyone use a USGI poncho liner or two to bump the SS rating, if so how are they?

Thanks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Boroffski View Post
    I opened my new supershelter to look it over and see if I can get it back in the bag. All looks well except for the loft of the ocf pad. After 6 hrs it has remained compressed in some critical areas. Some spots it's 1/2" thick, others its maybe 1/8". Is there anything that I can do to get it back into shape? Cool tumble in the cloths dryer, hair dryer?

Also, anyone use a USGI poncho liner or two to bump the SS rating, if so how are they?

Thanks.
    I'd just give it a few days. After all, there is no telling how many months it has been compressed severely in that little sack. I have had several pads, and they have all puffed up fully after a little while. If still flat after a few days, talk to HH about a replacement.
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    It will be fine. Just carry a CCF pad with you for safety until you learn how cold you can handle the SS. If it lofts too much you'll never get it back in its sack.