Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 258
  1. #131
    Oakseed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Peachland, NC
    Hammock
    DIY gathered or Mayan
    Tarp
    blue plastic
    Insulation
    thermarest pad
    Posts
    92

    NC>Uwharrie Yates Place>Nov. 1-3

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma96 View Post
    Not knowing anything about this area was wondering if there is places for kayaking?

    the narrows at deep water trail camp is a section of the Yadkin river between Badin lake and Lake Tillery. my kids and i camp and canoe there. There are always kayaks and other canoes around. it is a great place for a relaxing paddle and also to see bald eagles!

    you could do the Uwharrie river from low water bridge to hwy109. in the spring my boys and i took our old town tripper down it and had a great time. if you stop at the Eldorado outpost before hand you can get someone to shuttle you.
    Last edited by Oakseed; 08-27-2013 at 15:27.
    "The mighty oak is nothing more than a little nut that held his ground."

    Jack of all trades...master of one. (Master Barber)

  2. #132
    Tacoma96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Clayton, NC
    Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    Big Daddy w/doors
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakseed View Post


    the narrows at deep water trail camp is a section of the Yadkin river between Badin lake and Lake Tillery. my kids and i camp and canoe there. There are always kayaks and other canoes around. it is a great place for a relaxing paddle and also to see bald eagles!

    you could do the Uwharrie river from low water bridge to hwy109. in the spring my boys and i took our old town tripper down it and had a great time. if you stop at the Eldorado outpost before hand you can get someone to shuttle you.
    Thanks for the information Oakseed.
    We are the crazy people.

    Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

  3. #133

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Etowah
    Insulation
    WL UQ
    Posts
    121
    Tacoma96,
    Oakseed has some great advice. The "Narrows" is a great place to paddle. Bald eagles and lots of otters. Getting there is part of the fun too.

  4. #134
    Tacoma96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Clayton, NC
    Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    Big Daddy w/doors
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Tacoma96,
    Oakseed has some great advice. The "Narrows" is a great place to paddle. Bald eagles and lots of otters. Getting there is part of the fun too.
    Thanks again. Would not mind getting a kayak/canoe trip together if anyone is interested. I don't know nothing about the area, but willing to learn.
    We are the crazy people.

    Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

  5. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC
    Hammock
    HH UL bpk
    Tarp
    Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    214
    Bringing the Jeep, have to see if the trails will still be open

  6. #136
    Oakseed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Peachland, NC
    Hammock
    DIY gathered or Mayan
    Tarp
    blue plastic
    Insulation
    thermarest pad
    Posts
    92

    NC>Uwharrie Yates Place>Nov. 1-3

    I believe the trails are open till mid Dec.
    "The mighty oak is nothing more than a little nut that held his ground."

    Jack of all trades...master of one. (Master Barber)

  7. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC
    Hammock
    HH UL bpk
    Tarp
    Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    214
    "The OHV trail system is open from April 1 to Dec 15, annually."

    I'll have to bring the back seat with me and take people for a ride

  8. #138
    Senior Member Silverpalm2x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Triad, NC
    Hammock
    WB Blackbird or ENO
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    HG 20 Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    302
    Images
    15

    take me in the jeep

    I would love to ride the trails in a jeep.

    I am thinking of bringing my bicycle and some blaze orange so iI do look like a deer.

    anyone know where to get some cheap?


    Quote Originally Posted by IT_Mike View Post
    "The OHV trail system is open from April 1 to Dec 15, annually."

    I'll have to bring the back seat with me and take people for a ride
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

  9. #139
    Senior Member Hiknhanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Hammock
    DIY "Magna-Hammock"
    Tarp
    Chinook 12 x 9.6
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Posts
    716
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpalm2x View Post
    I would love to ride the trails in a jeep.

    I am thinking of bringing my bicycle and some blaze orange so iI do look like a deer.

    anyone know where to get some cheap?


    I bet you could get a vest from Wal-Mart since hunting season is ramping up. Probably would be cheap & not be in your way while riding.

  10. #140
    miyanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    monroe, nc
    Hammock
    BIAS Camper
    Tarp
    hh hex
    Insulation
    ugq zepplin uq
    Suspension
    whoopie/straps/msh
    Posts
    1,350
    Images
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiknhanger View Post
    I bet you could get a vest from Wal-Mart since hunting season is ramping up. Probably would be cheap & not be in your way while riding.
    I second walmart. They have a whole isle set up for hunting clothes.
    A special thanks to Dream Hammocks, Dutchware. BIAS and Hammockforums.net for donating to our Secret Santa.

    Uwharrie hang in March https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=83029

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •