Threaded View

Hammock
    hh safari deluxe
    Tarp
    stock hex
    Suspension
    diy whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    +1 to this. I reattached my ridgeline the exact same way that it had been attached to the stock rope.

No change in the ridgeline at all that I could notice.

My only "complaint" about whoopies is that you'll find that you need to allow another foot more on either end between trees when you're selecting a site to hang.
    w/ the advent of the phone camera, i have been able to replicate intricate/semi-intricate/simple procedures

i have replaced the stock HH suspension w/ a 2" ss(i love/trust sailboat parts) ring on a short loop

the ring will have several purposes

rain water drip point, easy attachment point & keeping my skins where i choose for them to be...

as i disassembled the stock suspension, i took pics of the process & how HH originally rigged the stock suspension

with the pics to refer back to, i was able to replicate the original HH wrap around the attachment point

by replacing the ridge line loop to my new suspension components, exactly like HH did it, my system/hammock/ridge line has not changed, except at the attachment point

"Q"... did the contributors to the OP's information miss a step, or more?

as for the distance between trees needing to be greater, w/ all else the same & just switching to WHOOPIES, the only accommodations one would have to make would be the length of the sliding bury(usually about a footħ) times 2(1 for each WHOOPIE), added to the distance between trees, to make your connections

just pic your own trees...

BTW: my new rigging does a real well job of keeping my LARDUS BOTTOMUS MAXIMUS off the ground

pics attached
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "we are the people our parents warned us about" jb

steve