Thread: traveler issues

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ

traveler issues

So I bought a used traveler for 1 of my boys. I currently use a BB so don't know a whole lot about other styles like the traveler the guy re-whipped the ends if that's correct. He then did a loop behind the hammock knots then connects to whoopee slings and there is no ridge line. The issue is the sides are super floppy and you can bring the sides over you and wrap yourself up like a caccoon was just wondering if I re-did it back to the original meant way and added ridgeline if it would take out the floppy sides

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: traveler issues

I don't know anything specific... But it won't hurt to rewhip the ends... If you don't like it you can always go back to the other way...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Images
    The fabric on the edges will be floppy sometimes, the only reason is because you're not using it at the moment, but if you place your feet there for instance it wouldn't be floppy anymore, so it's there to use if you need it...all hammock fabric is floppy when not weighted...it shouldn't really be of any concern.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Freeze
    Suspension
    Dynaglide slings

Re: traveler issues

My experience with the traveler is the deeper the sag, the more floppy material you will have to deal with. I would look at the Knotty mod for the hammock. It will help control the extra material. The other thing that might help is to string it up a little tighter. (longer ridgeline)
    I haven't had much change from re-whipping the ends and that might be because I like the deeper sag in the hammock.
    "I'm a connoisseur of BACON." - Anyways - 6/9/13

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    Rewhipping won't hurt anything and would me mandatory for adding a ridgeline, which is reccomended anyway.I have a 1.7DL Traveler for the GF. The sides are a bit loose unless she lays at a very extreme diagonal because she is kinda short. I guess some may say its too long for her, others would say there is no such thing. Ultimately, a side stretch mod will fix the floppiness.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

• + New Posts