I figured today would be just as good as any to start building my first hammock. The first problem i ran into is i dont really care for ordering things online. Call me old fashioned but I like to see what Im buying. So I had told a friend of mine about my project. He said i should check out a store in town called The Yard. This place is amazing. They carry everything from fabric to tools. I was amazed by there selection of webbing. Just about any make, color, and size you could imagine. So I bought a little over 40 feet of 1 inch black polyester webbing for 10 cents a foot or 4 dollars. They also had several diffrent sizes of desending rings I bought four 1 and a 1/4 inch black rings and four 1 inch silver rings to try out for suspension. The rings were cheap to about 25 cents a piece. I also bought 550 cord for whipping. I just wish i could find a place that sells tablecloths big enough. The biggest i have found was 102 inches. Did find rip stop nylon at hancock fabric that was old school BDU camo for 8.99 a yard. The only problem with that is I dont know how to tell if it is 1.1 or 1.9 and i dont have the means of sewing a seam on all the edges. Does any know how to tell between 1.1 and 1.9 and the like and if that liquid seam glue would hold up to the stresses of a hammock?