Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 81
  1. #21
    Pro Vagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Philly, Pa
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9X11 DIY Syl
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    Posts
    303

    maybe

    If the wife ends up working that weekend, I'm in. I have to work until late on Friday, so the MAHHA is out (to far to drive for just an overnight), but a quick trip to the Pine barrens may be in order. I won't know until next weekend, but I'll let you know asap.

    Pro V.

  2. #22
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG!
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutchbling
    Posts
    5,046
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Vagabond View Post
    If the wife ends up working that weekend, I'm in. I have to work until late on Friday, so the MAHHA is out (too far to drive for just an overnight), but a quick trip to the Pine Barrens may be in order. I won't know until next weekend, but I'll let you know asap.

    Pro V.
    It'd be great to hang with you at Lower Forge again, ProV. It was a mere 15 months ago that you and I hung "near" Lower Forge. That was one of my first semi-successful night hikes (only got lost a few times). My, how time flies - seems like ages ago.


  3. #23
    silentorpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Hammock
    WBBB & DIY
    Tarp
    WB Edge, Superfly
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Vagabond View Post
    If the wife ends up working that weekend, I'm in. I have to work until late on Friday, so the MAHHA is out (to far to drive for just an overnight), but a quick trip to the Pine barrens may be in order. I won't know until next weekend, but I'll let you know asap.

    Pro V.
    Sure thing. I reserved one of the sites at Lower Forge - I'll assume that we can add people to the reservation after the fact?

    I just hope there are trees at the site I grabbed. This new reservation system is stupid, and that 'map' that they give you to look at is completely un-helpful.

  4. #24
    fishbait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jamesburg, NJ
    Hammock
    Bias Weenie
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Mamba
    Suspension
    Tree Straps
    Posts
    2,601
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    Sure thing. I reserved one of the sites at Lower Forge - I'll assume that we can add people to the reservation after the fact?

    I just hope there are trees at the site I grabbed. This new reservation system is stupid, and that 'map' that they give you to look at is completely un-helpful.
    Sites 4, 5 & 6 have trees next to them. If I remember correctly Site 3 is by fire pit next to the river and doesn't have trees. 1 & 2 may be more bushes than trees. Everything is designed with tent camping in mind.

  5. #25
    Pro Vagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Philly, Pa
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9X11 DIY Syl
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    Posts
    303

    I'm out

    Some how, my wife got that saturday off also (that makes 3 in a row), so I'll be unable to join. Have fun (but not too much )

    Pro V.

  6. #26
    silentorpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Hammock
    WBBB & DIY
    Tarp
    WB Edge, Superfly
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbait View Post
    Sites 4, 5 & 6 have trees next to them. If I remember correctly Site 3 is by fire pit next to the river and doesn't have trees. 1 & 2 may be more bushes than trees. Everything is designed with tent camping in mind.
    I think I grabbed site 7, as that was what was avialable when I looked. Hopefully it has trees. If not, I'm sure we'll find somewhere to hang.

    When we're there, I'll do a little survey, and report back as to which sites are hang friendly and which aren't.

  7. #27
    So you guys are going to bypass MAHHA????

  8. #28
    silentorpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Hammock
    WBBB & DIY
    Tarp
    WB Edge, Superfly
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreen View Post
    So you guys are going to bypass MAHHA????
    It's not bypassing so much as substituting under duress.

    I can't get away for the whole weekend. Nor can I justify (to myself or my wife) driving so far to go to MAHHA for one night, as much as I'd love to. So my compromise was that I'll just pop down to the pine barrens for an overnight - at least I get out for a little while, get to stretch my legs, and I keep the wife happy by only being an hour away not hour(s) away.


  9. #29
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG!
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutchbling
    Posts
    5,046
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreen View Post
    So you guys are going to bypass MAHHA????
    I don't want to miss spring MAHHA, but I'm stuck managing my son's little league baseball team and we have a game Saturday. Additionally, I've never attended a group hang without a pre-hike (and don't want to), and I have doctor's orders that I can't do elevation due to my recent car accident and damage to my knees.

    So a little 5.7 mile toodle in the Pine Barrens sounds pretty sweet to me.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I don't want to miss spring MAHHA, but I'm stuck managing my son's little league baseball team and we have a game Saturday. Additionally, I've never attended a group hang without a pre-hike (and don't want to), and I have doctor's orders that I can't do elevation due to my recent car accident and damage to my knees.

    So a little 5.7 mile toodle in the Pine Barrens sounds pretty sweet to me.
    But...the little 5.7 mile toodle could turn into??? Yep, I've been reading lol

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •