Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge, v0.n, where n is large
    Tarp
    depends on season
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Seeing your video I have now a better appreciation of your entry/exit needs. Thanks for sharing.

The problem with the gathered end hammock which was solved by the HH seemed to be that with the HH you had hand holds you could use to pull yourself up and out, but no such luck with the gathered end.

Have you tried putting hand loops on a structured ridgeline?

I'm thinking you can back into the hammock standing up, it is hung close to butt level. Fall in. To get out, if (and this is the iffy part) you can get your legs over the edge and push yourself to be off center with respect to the ridgeline so that you are now UNDER the ridgeline, you can reach up to the hand loops, grab, and pull yourself up.

but of course
    in theory, practice and theory agree. In practice, they don't
    --- Yogi Berra
    Grizz

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    I'm thinking you can back into the hammock standing up, it is hung close to butt level. Fall in. To get out, if (and this is the iffy part) you can get your legs over the edge and push yourself to be off center with respect to the ridgeline so that you are now UNDER the ridgeline, you can reach up to the hand loops, grab, and pull yourself up.

but of course
    Grizz
    That is essentially my technique with the bridge. I was surprised at how easily I got out of the first gathered end. (Yeah that was easy compared) I had my wife standing by off camera to help me out if I needed it. I almost got the chance to try out a blackbird but decided I wouldn't as it wasn't mine and I didn't want to stress the zipper on someone elses hammock. Be that as it may... I have had trouble with a ENO as well but I am thinking both the DMB and ENO were very narrow. So there was not a lot of extra fabric to push around. I'm still very pleased with the HH and it works fabulously. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on the supershelter.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Seeing your video I have now a better appreciation of your entry/exit needs. Thanks for sharing.

The problem with the gathered end hammock which was solved by the HH seemed to be that with the HH you had hand holds you could use to pull yourself up and out, but no such luck with the gathered end.

Have you tried putting hand loops on a structured ridgeline?

but of course
    Grizz
    This was sort of the approach that was done for Frolicking Dino back in the early test time of the BMBH.... We made a removable and adjustable "Handicap Strap" that goes from primary suspension ring to the other primary suspension ring... Thus providing an overhead, hand friendly lift point and the ability to actually induce minor bottom sag if desired.... FD was pretty pleased in several posts in the past on WB and Hiking HQ...

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I am glad to have sparked this kind of discussion. I recognize that not all mobility impairments are alike and not everyone will find the HH to their liking. But as the collective heads come together other options can emerge. Thank you folks.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint