Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    Yukon,

Great pics. I'm glad you like your new baby!

Do you have any knee hyper-extension? Or does the length + footbox "drop" dot away with it?

Thanks much.
    Nope, no hyper-extension at all. The added length of this hammock really adds to the comfort for me with my height (6'-5"). I have noticed hyper-extension with regular gathered end hammocks, but the footbox really eliminates that

Hammock
    Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Thank you, Sir! I've avoided giving this hammock much attention until you just messed it up for me!!! Couldn't you have lied to me?
    -- Funny Money
    ------------------
    Love 'em while you got 'em

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    Thank you, Sir! I've avoided giving this hammock much attention until you just messed it up for me!!! Couldn't you have lied to me?
    Sorry!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC dbl. 1.7, ENO Dblnst
    Tarp
    Superfly, MCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Zep/Incu/NewR/SSnv
    Suspension
    tree strap/whoopie
    Oh man....

I have a BB XLC dbl. 1.7 and a camo Superfly on order. The wait is killing me!

Take it easy,
    desmobob

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Variety of Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie/SRS/Straps
    +1 on what you've said. That footbox (and length for those that benefit from it) really bring it over the top for gathered-end hammocks. It's good stuff.

Honestly, though, I don't know which I like more. The XLC or your perfect-for-hammocks backyard. Every time I see your setup pictures, I feel more and more jealous! No hammock-worthy trees in my yard so I have to always fall back on the stand. It works but just isn't the same.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    Nope, no hyper-extension at all. The added length of this hammock really adds to the comfort for me with my height (6'-5"). I have noticed hyper-extension with regular gathered end hammocks, but the footbox really eliminates that
    Now this makes it stupidly tempting! I have a problem with most gathered end hammocks and end up modifying mine by using a modified w whipping. Anyways I laid in a regular blackbird a few weeks ago and noticed minimal hyperextension. Might really have to get one of these someday.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by breyman View Post

Honestly, though, I don't know which I like more. The XLC or your perfect-for-hammocks backyard. Every time I see your setup pictures, I feel more and more jealous! No hammock-worthy trees in my yard so I have to always fall back on the stand. It works but just isn't the same.
    thanks. I really lucked out when we bought this house. I spend a good amount of time maintaining the yard, so I'm proud of it. The fiancée and I spend a lot of time hanging together in our hammocks with a couple cold drinks and some good books during summer

Yukon...

I agree that the views are excellent, but do you find the amount of netting near the footbox odd? Evertime I laid in it barefoot I was glad that my toenails were trimmed, or they may have sliced through the bug netting.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cfi on the fly View Post
    Yukon...

I agree that the views are excellent, but do you find the amount of netting near the footbox odd? Evertime I laid in it barefoot I was glad that my toenails were trimmed, or they may have sliced through the bug netting.
    Not in the least actually. My feet have never even touched the netting before, at least not anything more than a possible brush up against it before I adjusted my position. Sounds to me like you might have been a little too far into the footbox possibly...

Hammock
    HH Ultralight Backpacker
    Insulation
    JRB Nest &amp; No Sniv
    Suspension
    Whoopies &amp; E trunk
    Has anybody set up their new XLC w/o the netting or cover? I am just wondering how the lay is in traveler mode?

I am debating on the new XLC or a BIAS WWM.