Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by 1csleptonkayak View Post
    I'm starting to opine that the inability to reasonably respond to spikes in demand might warrant a reclassification from "cottage vendor" to "hobbyist". Just my opinion - not necessarily a strongly negative one. I have two hammocks on order.
    Wow, this is really an inaccurate assessment. He is going full bore and then some. A hobbyist would not survive as a provider on this site. Some have tried and are quickly weeded out.

I don't want to providers here to be forced to be full production, then have to downsize when demand slows, as it inevitably will. Let GM and other big folks use that kind of business model. I want our folks to be sustainable and I am willing to show some patience for that in return.

I am waiting a bit till the dust settles, but an XLC is in the stars for this hanger.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

With so many complaints on the shipping times, I'm worried Brandon will be forced to "be fair" and stop expediting orders for customers with legitimate trips (not, "I wanted to hang in my backyard this weekend) who need that piece of gear for their system for multiple nights or an overnight requiring significant travel.

He's not Amazon and his shipping times aren't a secret. And if you don't need it, why care about waiting aside from anticipation? I love that if I really need something, if Brandon can, he'd work with me to get it in time, hope all of these threads don't force him to stop that.

Also can't figure out why so many post problems or concerns here instead of through PM with Warbonnetguy or PM him through his site. Seems you'd get more accurate info about your particular situation instead of the speculation on here. My .02

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap
    I'll pitch in my 2 cents too, and solidly behind Brandon and most of the other small vendors.

A small biz...manufacturing at home or with a few local citizens, can't afford to build a big stock ahead of time. Some weeks its slow, and maybe you can get ahead of it. Other weeks, orders pour in and you get behind. Its cheaper to manufacture in batches--make some of one thing and then some of the next thing. And for sure, the cost of manufacture in small lots is higher for all reasons.

Order from a big store like Amazon and its subs, and generally, they have it in stock. Up front, they give you shipping options. And up front, the cost of manufacture (depending on the class of product) will only be somewhere between 5 and 30 percent of the sale cost. The rest goes into the big biz costs--shipping, storage, distribution, marketing, stocking, advertising, and so forth.

Depends on what you want. For me, I like my dough to go to the locals, to the high quality and to the people who are involved in this hobby, not to big biz internationals. I've had to wait for the good stuff to arrive sometimes, but anticipation is part of the joy. When that hammock or quilt does arrive and its good...the waiting is forgotten. Hey, gotta wait for Christmas, too!

So I'd kinda like the negatives about Warbonnet and other "little guys" to end, unless there's something new. They've got my trade. Rant done, Mods take over.

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    Well said, Sailor.
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I waited and yes I admit I moaned about it but I got my XLC am I'm thrilled with it. That is a very good sign that the only negative you ever hear is having to wait for quality gear. I think it may be a symptom of the gear addiction aspect of hammocking in general.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I blame it on Dutch. He made it so we can set up and take down a hammock in seconds. Spoiled as we are we think it should be like that for ordering and receiving gear. Hey, that's whats needed, an ultra lite, Titanium, order speeder upper gadget with a back up quick ship clip...Ohh Dutch, help us out!!!
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

I feel like I can add to this conversation to a degree. Being a newbie, I made a purchase recently, a wbbb 1.1 dbl. Ordering it roughly 3 weeks ago, and reading posts pertaining to how long the wait would be; I decided to sit back and wait. Not worry that I never got an email from Brandon saying he received my transaction and my hammock would be on its way. Sure enough 3 weeks went by agonizingly slow, but 2 days ago, boom, email saying my precious is on the way.

I believe the problem dwells not with individuals, but with society as a whole. I could write a thesis on how society has evolved (Just finished my final thesis for school as of 3 AM this morning,) and the hooker line/ statement would read as follows:
    Americans have become impatient sods, who demand satisfaction instantly,
    but is it their fault? They are surrounded by information that is literally on their fingertips; it is instant! Can one fault that now they want everything else to occur in the same manner?

Anyways sorry for the ramble. Little to no sleep the past week + knowing I got a hammock coming tomorrow, have made me quite giddy.

Cheers

David

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/Pinnacle
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    I don't mind waiting for things I really want. I've chose to wait for my WBBB, Superfly, Evernew cookset and water bladders, and had a month wait for an MLD order all since January. I could have went with similar options and avoided the waits, but I didn't need any of it immediately.

Try handing out almost $3k and waiting 6 months before you even see what you paid for...I guess that's why I don't mind waiting for a month or so for some things. I bought 2 suppressors in November and still don't have them. I didn't even call to check my status for the first time until this week. I only get antsy in the final days of waiting on something for some reason.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20, KAQ 1, Lynx
    Suspension
    Webbing / buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by plessl View Post
    Americans have become impatient sods, who demand satisfaction instantly,
    but is it their fault? They are surrounded by information that is literally on their fingertips; it is instant! Can one fault that now they want everything else to occur in the same manner?
    I like that. Very true!

As another new hanger and member of HF, I have to give Brandon a pat on the back. I got into this hammock business in a roundabout way but once I found HF it didn't take long to see what I wanted to try. As luck would have it the XLC came out about the time I was ready to order and I was looking for an 11' hammock. I knew with the following the BB had, the XLC was going to be hot. I ordered anyway on March 11 knowing it would be a while. Then just a week after putting in my order the SF I wanted went on backorder. ARGHHHH! Okay, so I wait a little longer. At about 4 weeks I got antsy and emailed Brandon about when the SF backorder might be over. I got an answer within a few HOURS. Then within one day of when Brandon said shipping would resume, I got my shipping notice. Yesterday, I got my new WBBB XLC and SF and I could not be happier. This is my first real sleeping hammock so I can't compare it to anything but by the looks of the work I am going to enjoy it very much. The wait had me checking my email a lot but I am glad I waited, I am glad I did business with WB, and I expect I will do more business with Brandon soon. Good work and keep it up Brandon!

Hammock
    HH Survivor Asym-HH Jungle-WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly Camo
    Insulation
    HG 0* Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Brandon is one of the coolest dudes I never met... (in person)

He has always been there in service, kindness & helps me even if it is not his product.

Be patient my friend all good things take time..

These folks on this forum will steer you right.
    Roger

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast