WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock &
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

Want to Try a JRB Sierra Sniveller

Hey all, I am looking at getting a JRB Sierra Sniveller, but I'd like to try one before I commit. I am 5'11", 195 lbs. JRB says that I should get a long because I'm taller than 5'10", but my current sleeping bag is a long and I'm always stuffing extra clothes in the footbox. Does anyone in Utah or Chicago (I'm moving in June) have either a reg or a long that they'd be willing to lend me to try out?

Hammock
    BIAS WW
    Tarp
    ZPacks w doors
    Insulation
    HG; JRB; IX
    Suspension
    Whoopi, toggle
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlz View Post
    Hey all, I am looking at getting a JRB Sierra Sniveller, but I'd like to try one before I commit. I am 5'11", 195 lbs. JRB says that I should get a long because I'm taller than 5'10", but my current sleeping bag is a long and I'm always stuffing extra clothes in the footbox. Does anyone in Utah or Chicago (I'm moving in June) have either a reg or a long that they'd be willing to lend me to try out?
    Can't do the loan, but I am 5'10" and use the regular length Sniveller. If I were an inch taller, I'm sure I could get by with it just fine, especially as a TQ or UQ in a hammock, where I find my sleeping position is more compact than it is when ground-dwelling.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

Hammock
    Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    I agree that a Regular will work. I'm 6'1" and need a Long, but even with my size 13 feet I could use a Regular if I was 5'11". Now if you have size 15's or bigger...
    -- Funny Money
    ------------------
    Love 'em while you got 'em

Hammock
    WWM
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    Sniveller & Breeze
    Suspension
    Full suspension?
    I have both and at 6' and 185# the long just has extra to wrap around my head when it gets really cold or I hear a scary noise. You'll be fine with the regular but it never hurts to have a little more in this case. If you get down south before you move shoot me a PM and you can check them both out.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    I have the Sierra Sniveller and I'm 5'11". It's the perfect length. Now if you are a had tucker and need the extra length you might consider the long, generally the regular will be just perfect.
    "The more laws that are written, the more criminals are produced." - "The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be." - Lao Tze

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Ephesians 6:10-17

Hammock Forums is my social network.