Dream Hammock Freebird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ WB MJ
    Insulation
    UGQ, JRB
    Suspension
    Strap/Rings/Dutch

Clark NX-250 Trinity Alps winter Hang

I posted a while back about my first "ALL In" winter hang, I have been a lifelong outdoor adventurerer and nature enthusiast and have only discovered Hammocking as a means to shelter while trekking within the last year. After much research, and countless hours HF lurking, I went "All In" I set my sights on the Clark NX-250, I wanted a 4 season shelter that could handle the rigors of the type of trekking I do, and the versatility to go to ground when above the treeline if needed. I was not dissapointed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Zliner w/2QZQ UQP
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    Great choice of equipment. You did it right the first time. From the start, I wanted a Clark but I used up time and money as I worked my way towards my current setup. It's a fun journey though

Nevermind...Well, I just went back to read some of your other posts - seems the Clark was not your first or only. OK - still a great choice. Nice to know that you hold the Clark in high regard even with other options.
    Last edited by Passinthru; 04-19-2013 at 06:32. Reason: added comment
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Freebird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ WB MJ
    Insulation
    UGQ, JRB
    Suspension
    Strap/Rings/Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    Great choice of equipment. You did it right the first time. From the start, I wanted a Clark but I used up time and money as I worked my way towards my current setup. It's a fun journey though

Nevermind...Well, I just went back to read some of your other posts - seems the Clark was not your first or only. OK - still a great choice. Nice to know that you hold the Clark in high regard even with other options.
    Actually the Clark was my first, however I have since added A WB Traveller to my arsenal (CJH Ultralight was my first choice, but wants, needs and finances don't always align) with bug net and MJ tarp for warmer, lighter, longer trips. I do like the versatility of leaving the bug net at base when bugs are not an issue. The HH Scout I got for my son who is taking after his old man and, my love for adventure.
    Happy travels!
    Fair Winds & Following Seas.

Hammock
    Clarks, WBBB, BMBH-UL
    Tarp
    WBSF, Edge
    Insulation
    Incu-Burrow!
    Suspension
    WS & Dutchware
    Images
    It looks like the pockets are full, but what we're you using for insulation and how cold did it get?
    My YouTube channel: Tool Dude Tony
    "No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Freebird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ WB MJ
    Insulation
    UGQ, JRB
    Suspension
    Strap/Rings/Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudorino View Post
    It looks like the pockets are full, but what we're you using for insulation and how cold did it get?
    Clark's Z-Liner in the pockets, got down to 27 deg F. the second night. Toasty warm!
    Fair Winds & Following Seas.

Hammock
    Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Zliner w/2QZQ UQP
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    A rare, positive review for the Z-liner. I had almost dropped the Z-liner off my 'want list' but maybe it will stay for awhile after all.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."