BIAS 11 ft; Grand Trunk Nano 7
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    Down bag/cc pad
    Suspension
    whoopies

Loving my BIAS Weight Weenie Micro

As an ultralight devotee, I had been using a GT Nano 7 without the carabiners and with dynaglide whoopies, straps and toggles. At 5 ft 10 and 155 pounds, I find the Nano 7 comfortable, and in super cold weather (freezing and down to as low as 0 F) I have been happy pulling my Kelty Lightyear Down sleeping bag around the hammock (footbox has a little zipper in it).

For kayak camping and bicycle camping, where weight and volume isn't quite as crucial, I decided to try the Butt In A Sling Weight Weenie Micro. I set it up with standard whoopies (not Dynaglide, since I have been seeing worrisome wear on my dynaglide whoopies and getting paranoid).

I think the whole setup is about 12 ounces heavier than my Nano 7 setup, which is quite a bit when you are counting grams, and bulkier, too. But oh holy toledo it is so comfortable. I had never used a double layer hammock before, and I have used the Weight Weenie with a super thin closed cell foam pad in between the layers and the sleeping bag inside the hammock instead of pulled around it. This allows me to get a very flat lay -- something I really couldn't do in the Nano 7. The double layer holds the pad securely, my back and shoulders stayed very warm, and I slept better in this hammock than I ever have in my Nano 7 or Byer Mosquito Traveler hammocks.

On a scale of one to 10, I give the BIAS Weight Weenie Micro a 20. And no, I am not related to the manufacturers in any way.

I'll be enjoying this new hammock on a quick weeknight kayak camping trip Monday night. I live along the east bank of the Susquehanna River, in Harrisburg, PA, and after work, I often carry my kayak down the bank, paddle a couple miles upstream, and sleep on a secret island campsight. I will paddle back before dawn, shower, put on a suit, and go to work, where nobody will know I slept out like a hobo. Ultralight packing makes it quick and easy.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    I own one of the original WW singles, and a double Micro will be in my future as well.

Beware! BIAS has kid magics going on. You WILL be pleasantly surprised!

They started with a great product and just keep getting better.

Everything is better with your butt in a sling
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Nice overview, thanks. I have a WW single layer as well and greatly enjoy it. A DL WWM sure is nice, though, if you're looking for something lightweight without an integrated bugnet.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Well just for peace of mind I am here to tell you that with 20 lbs on you, I've been using the same dynaglide for 2 years now and have not placed myself on the ground. I would replace mine but I don't need to yet. I am also the proud owner of a wwm. Mine is a single and weighs next to nothing especially with the fronkey net I made from tulle... Glad you're liking your setup even though it weighs more than your nano...
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Congrats. On the gear! I have only heard great things about their work.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

• + New Posts