GTUL - 1st hammock
    Tarp
    Yukon Walkabout
    Insulation
    Bag & Pad
    Suspension
    straps & whoopies

FS: Qty 2 - Campingaz 230g Canisters

So I screwed up when I was at an outfitter's shop and bought canisters that don't work with my stove...leave it to me. Anyway, they are brand new. They say Campingaz Easy Clic plus which does not thread. I say again, these canisters will not fit a stove that requires a threaded connection.

Someone out there uses these and likely needs some. I'm looking for $10 which is less than the cost I paid for them plus actual shipping charges.

Link to the item: Campingaz Link

First "I'll take it" gets them. Also, I didn't see any rules against selling canisters, but if I overlooked it then please PM me and I'll remove the post.

Thanks,
    Lazi
    Last edited by laziboie; 04-24-2013 at 21:13. Reason: Added FS: to Title

Hammock
    Ticket to the Moon Double
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 11.5x14
    Insulation
    3/4 DIY UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS Whoopie kit
    You might want to check before you mail these, but I'm pretty sure they have to have special labeling due to them being fuel canisters.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
    George S. Patton

The 50 State Project: Thread
    The 50 State Project: Table

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware/Beetle
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you have to pay hazardous materials fees to ship these and the fees are more than both canisters are worth. Either hold on to these till you go back to the outfitter and exchange them or eat the loss.

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images

Re: FS: Qty 2 - Campingaz 230g Canisters

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefstryker View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you have to pay hazardous materials fees to ship these and the fees are more than both canisters are worth. Either hold on to these till you go back to the outfitter and exchange them or eat the loss.
    That may not be the case. I remember looking into it for a food drop, General Delivery. You could ship it ORM-D USPS ground.

Hammock
    DIY or Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Bonefire Deluxe
    Images
    Could you not just return them to the store for a refund?

Yes, they can be mailed with a special label. See this: http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52apxc_005.htm

Hammock
    GTUL - 1st hammock
    Tarp
    Yukon Walkabout
    Insulation
    Bag & Pad
    Suspension
    straps & whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Detail Man View Post

Yes, they can be mailed with a special label. See this: http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52apxc_005.htm
    The outfitter is not local to me so no, I cannot. I received a canister in the mail from amazon.com with no special labeling or packaging so I think it will probably be fine.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware/Beetle
    Hey guys I have been gone for a few days and decided to do some digging cause I have been wondering about this anyway.

This will be a long post but everyone that reads it needs to read everything.

Most fuels can be shipped ground transportation. Since we are talking about compressed gas canisters I will talk about those,
    The following link from USPS regarding hazards materials applies to all shipping agencies since these a an essentially a copy US department of transportation regulations and laws.
    http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/601.htm#1065036
    The important sections are 10.0, 10.12, 10.13, and 10.14.
    To sum these regulations up. If we shipping from you to me then you would ship it to labeled: ORM-D, Consumer Commodity, Surface mail only. This would be put beneath the shipping label.
    The other thing you need to do is print out a compliance letter. Since I use the MSR ones I will use them as an example. The reason being because of most canister's diameter they do not meet the DOT 2P spec mentioned. This letter essentially exempts that difference.
    MSR canisters:
    http://www.phmsa.dot.gov/staticfiles...2012041365.pdf
    I would print out two of these one to take with me when I ship the package, and one to put in the box in case you get inspected.
    All companies that make canisters should have one of these if they don't then you cannot ship it legally. The way you look this up is to look on the bottom of the cannister for the DOT number, that should direct you to the compliance letter. The manufacture's name should be on the first page of the letter.
    Now as far as buying canisters through a store online. Most legitimate stores like REI and Great Outdoor Provision Company don't sell the canisters online because they have to charge you a $20-$30 Haz-Mat fee. The ones that do sell them online, like Cabelas, make you by a case of canisters and pay the Haz-Mat fee. Plus they have to put Haz-Mat labeling on the box. I would not buy anything from a vendor that not following the regulations because you never what else they are taking shortcuts on.
    These Regulations are good until JAN. 1 2015, then the regulations will be redone.
    Quote Originally Posted by packeagle View Post
    That may not be the case. I remember looking into it for a food drop, General Delivery. You could ship it ORM-D USPS ground.
    We are both correct. I answered before thinking of stores, because I was recently talking with a friend that is starting an online camping supply business and that is what he told me when I asked about fuel canisters. I didn't personal ones would be under different rules, but they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Detail Man View Post

This is correct except for the exception letter for DOT 2P spec.

• + New Posts