Tarp
    WB Superfly Camo
    Insulation
    HG UQ, SS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

My new Dangerbird needs new shoes

Ok, so Randy made me this awesome hammock that I got yesterday and I spent the night in the basement trying to get it all setup with my DIY gear that I made for my Hennessy ED.

It all worked fine, I slept like a baby (A big loud baby) but after waking up and fiddling with my DIY UQ, I couldn't help but admire the quality of work Randy put into this hammock.

How could I put my ragtag UQ on this Cadillac? That would be like wearing a suit with a plastic bag as your rain gear...You can't.

So I just ordered a 20* incubator from Adam (Even though Jenny is holding the fort down while he's off saving all the dayhikers in the AT).

You have to match class with class and this Dangerbird is really a class act. Thanks Randy for making me an awesome hammock, and for making me embarrassed by my less than formidable DIYUQ.

Hammock
    HH Safari
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    Potomac UnderQuilt
    Suspension
    diywhoopies/straps
    I purchased a Dangerbird 60 recently from another member of this site. The hammock is a quality piece that will fit in perfectly with my kayak camping needs. I was curious if you would mind sharing your info about the uq you just ordered. What size did you decide on? Price? (And anything else you would care to add.)

I made a diy uq for my Hennessy Safari. I love the feel of the uq being nice and warm, but I’m the first to admit it is a whole other level of ugly and I rather not use it with the Dangerbird. With the budget restraints that I am working with and being in a kayak I may have to go with something other than down.

Hammock
    Dangerbird, HHED
    Tarp
    WB Superfly Camo
    Insulation
    HG UQ, SS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I bought the Hammock Gear incubator 20* regular with 2 oz extra fill. I am 5 ' 10" with broad shoulders and it seems like the one for me. It was a good price for a 20* considering all the vendor options. $260 here is the web page:

http://www.hammockgear.com/incubator-20/

Yeah it's a lot more than my DIY, but mine would never go to 20.. .ever.

I still have a home made top quilt, I figure that I will check out the incubator and determine my other needs after I get it.

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I use the 20* Incubator with my Dangerbird... You will want some Clip-on Quilt Hooks from Dutchware to help keep the underquilt in place on that wide bodied hammock. Made all the difference in the world for me.

Incubator is the best piece of gear I've ever bought, period. I've changed out hammocks, packs, etc... but will never change out the Incubator.
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    Dangerbird, HHED
    Tarp
    WB Superfly Camo
    Insulation
    HG UQ, SS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Re: My new Dangerbird needs new shoes

Quote Originally Posted by ^shane^ View Post
    I use the 20* Incubator with my Dangerbird... You will want some Clip-on Quilt Hooks from Dutchware to help keep the underquilt in place on that wide bodied hammock. Made all the difference in the world for me.

Incubator is the best piece of gear I've ever bought, period. I've changed out hammocks, packs, etc... but will never change out the Incubator.
    Good to know, how are those used when you have the net or cover on? Can you use the tabs that Randy has that would accept S Biners?

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Re: My new Dangerbird needs new shoes

Those clips clip right onto the little loops that PapaSmurf sews onto the hammock body. Experiment with them for the hang that works for you.
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

• + New Posts