Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member bmwrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Detroit area
    Hammock
    GT Dbl & custom HH backpacker
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ20°UQ&siren30TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Posts
    381
    Images
    3

    Hike this sat and sun pinckney

    Everyone is welcome to join us on an over night hike in Pinckney.
    from green lake to blind lake.

    3 of us going so far
    Last edited by bmwrider; 04-26-2013 at 11:51.

  2. #2
    michigandave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Clarkston, MI
    Hammock
    SLD Streamliner & ENO
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven11
    Insulation
    Jrbg NewRvr & RevX
    Suspension
    straps & whoopies
    Posts
    401
    Looks like you'll have some good weather. I'm heading out in the morning to the Manistee, but I'll be hanging in Pinckney May 10-11th. Last time I talked to the park ranger, they said the fire pits are coming out May 1st...May be the last time to enjoy a fire!

  3. #3
    Senior Member bmwrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Detroit area
    Hammock
    GT Dbl & custom HH backpacker
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ20°UQ&siren30TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Posts
    381
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Looks like you'll have some good weather. I'm heading out in the morning to the Manistee, but I'll be hanging in Pinckney May 10-11th. Last time I talked to the park ranger, they said the fire pits are coming out May 1st...May be the last time to enjoy a fire!
    No.
    I was there and camped at green lake due to a race closing blind lake for the weekend, the DNR explained it is only at blind lake that they removed the fire rings, people were cutting the living trees up at that site so that was their answer to solving the problem.
    I was told all the other camp sites will still have rings and the 2 that I saw did, that was both green lake and crooked lake both still had fire rings just like they said, and I was told they don't plan to remove them unless the same thing happens there.

  4. #4
    michigandave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Clarkston, MI
    Hammock
    SLD Streamliner & ENO
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven11
    Insulation
    Jrbg NewRvr & RevX
    Suspension
    straps & whoopies
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwrider View Post
    No.
    I was there and camped at green lake due to a race closing blind lake for the weekend, the DNR explained it is only at blind lake that they removed the fire rings, people were cutting the living trees up at that site so that was their answer to solving the problem.
    I was told all the other camp sites will still have rings and the 2 that I saw did, that was both green lake and crooked lake both still had fire rings just like they said, and I was told they don't plan to remove them unless the same thing happens there.
    I meant to reference Blind Lake only in my post. I totally agree with the removing of the pits there. Over the past 4-5 years that I've been camping at Blind Lake, I've noticed the wood resources abused by uninformed and uncaring campers.

  5. #5
    Mountain Gout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    Superfly- Edge
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Posts
    1,259
    First time at blind lake a few weeks ago... Very nice indeed!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

  6. #6
    Senior Member bmwrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Detroit area
    Hammock
    GT Dbl & custom HH backpacker
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ20°UQ&siren30TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Posts
    381
    Images
    3

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Gout View Post
    First time at blind lake a few weeks ago... Very nice indeed!!
    Nice picture, I use my poles the same way, although I set mine handle up and wrap the guy line on the base of the handle allowing the carbide tip to dig into the ground and hold in place, just a suggestion.

  7. #7
    michigandave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Clarkston, MI
    Hammock
    SLD Streamliner & ENO
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven11
    Insulation
    Jrbg NewRvr & RevX
    Suspension
    straps & whoopies
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwrider View Post
    Nice picture, I use my poles the same way, although I set mine handle up and wrap the guy line on the base of the handle allowing the carbide tip to dig into the ground and hold in place, just a suggestion.
    I recognize that spot. Some good hanging trees in that area. I tried to setup once on the ridge and kept bending my stakes trying to get my tarp set. Even though the view was nice, I had to move down the hill. Looking forward to getting out there soon.

  8. #8
    Mountain Gout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    Superfly- Edge
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Posts
    1,259
    That spot became my instant favorite.. Everything right in reach.. Sweet!!...Had the whole place to myself.. I did notice a bunch of tree damage from kids.. Too bad..
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

  9. #9
    Senior Member bmwrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Detroit area
    Hammock
    GT Dbl & custom HH backpacker
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ20°UQ&siren30TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Posts
    381
    Images
    3
    Yeah blind lake is nice, its too bad some have no respect.

  10. #10
    michigandave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Clarkston, MI
    Hammock
    SLD Streamliner & ENO
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven11
    Insulation
    Jrbg NewRvr & RevX
    Suspension
    straps & whoopies
    Posts
    401
    Got back Saturday night from an overnight there. Just us and a ground dweller set up on the ridge that we never saw. Ended up going in the opposite direction and did the 12 mile out on Saturday. FYI, the fire pits are still in place but lots of signs saying it's a no-no to burn. The outhouse is looking fresh and clean...lots of TP and hand sanitizer. Had a great weekend, but Friday night it got windy, cold, and the mist off the lake make for a long night. Trail conditions are great and all that rain last week didn't affect them too bad. Pic from our campsite along the lake.

    Last edited by michigandave; 05-13-2013 at 05:18.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •