Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    $16 Brown WallyMt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Latitude918 View Post
    I just strap it to the outside of my pack using the sleeping pad straps, and I've never had a problem. If you have a bag with those you should be good to go, just roll it tight.
    That is how packed it as well. I used it for years under my sleeping bag when I would be in a tent. I have been trying to streamline now that I have found Hammocking. The reflectix just seems so much lighter and the rolls smaller.
    Actually you just made me wonder if its all in my head or not. I think I am going to go dig the blue role out of the basement and try and weigh them both.
    "So long and thanks for all the fish."~The Dolphins

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    $16 Brown WallyMt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    OK the results of my very non scientific test are in.
    First up my Blue pad roll from WalMart. It is 6 foot 2 1/2 inches long 23 1/2 wide. It rolls up to a nice round tube 25 inches round and 23 1/2 inches wide. It weighs in at 1.04 pounds.
    Second the reflectix roll is 6 foot long 16 inches wide. It rolls up into a 16 inch round 16 inch long tube.
    It weighs in at 6.6 oz.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "So long and thanks for all the fish."~The Dolphins

Hammock
    Yukon Outfitters
    Tarp
    Chinook Sand 12x9
    Insulation
    UQ conversion & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I bought the reflectix this weekend and just to make sure I didn't get cold shoulder (in the future) I measured about 72" off twice and taped them together giving me a total width of 32". I laid in the hammock with the new reflectix "pad" this afternoon with the wind howling in the mid 60's and actually felt hot (in the shade). I've got enough left over that if I want to have a single 16" wide, I can still make one. I'm definitely going to be happy about this purchase as long as the vapor barrier issue isn't to bad.

Hammock
    GT Ultralight/DIY Double layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon tarp
    Insulation
    JCP Puffer UQ
    Suspension
    straps and static
    I have a couple of the yoga mats. I figure i'll try those out first with my DIY double-layer I also have a JCP puffer UQ that will get finished this week and that will be another option... I don't think i'm gonna be one of the 20 or below hangers but, ya never know. This is certiainly an addictive way of life...
    It's not the glide in the ride, it's the swing in the sling...