Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    I would normally meet you but I broke my foot in two places last week and have another 3 to 5 week healing time before I can take off this walking boot. I asked the doctor for a hiking boot but he said "Sorry, I'm all out." Quebec Run is about 30 - 40 minutes from my door to the trail head.
    Sounds like that hurts. Darn doctors always out of hiking boots.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Big Ol' Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, Mummy TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopish Things
    This is a little far north, but I'll be hanging near Spartansburg, PA on 22 and 23 June for ham radio Field Day. That's about 30 minutes southeast of Erie, and about 90 minutes, maybe 2 hours north of Pittsburgh. It's on private property, but I have permission to invite whoever I want, and we've got the run of about 1,000 acres on a timber tract. There will be at least three other folks there so far, but I'm the only hanger.

While it's mostly a ham radio event, there will be a camp fire, I'll have my smoker up and running, a grill, and we'll likely have us a Wooo Buddy(tm) good time.

I'll have a complete backpacking ham radio setup there with me, in addition to the larger gear, so if anybody has ever been curious about ham radio, on or off the trail, there really isn't a better opportunity for an introduction. This is like Christmas, Labor Day, Memorial Day, and St. Patrick's Day, all rolled in to one for us hams.

If anybody is interested, drop me a line. I'll probably start a thread just for this event as well.

If - if he stood! Enough of ifs!
    He knew a path that wanted walking
    He knew a spring that wanted drinking
    A thought that wanted further thinking.
    A love that wanted re-renewing

"A Lone Striker" Robert Frost

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    If anyone is interested I am doing a short hike and hang at the Ohiopyle shelters on 6/22 if interested let me know