Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    PapaSmurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Ohio
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Varies each trip
    Posts
    1,367

    New feature: Wait so far

    The order status page has been reworked at dream-hammock.com.
    We've added a feature that counts the days a person has been waiting on their order.
    (Day 0 is a little screwy because it counts from the end of the day )

    Communication about your order is very important to me. I'm hoping this new feature will help existing customers see exactly where their order is and how long they've been waiting. New customers can use it to see what the anticipated wait time may be on a new order. I will personally use it to monitor our backlog and see where I may arrange my workload to be more efficient.

    Thanks
    Randy "PapaSmurf"

  2. #2
    Senior Member DemostiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Posts
    2,325
    Images
    13
    I appreciate your attention to this, not because I've been your client, but because you are demonstrating how to get anticipation-management under control for bespoke (ie genuinely custom-made) goods.

    I further appreciate that whatever you were doing before, including the tickets, you're putting in place a system that you think may work better. That's real quality control: working to improvement.

    That, your web page design investments, (and I expect, your hammocks) are a solid foundation for future business growth. Cottage is nice. Multiple room cottage, and vying with Hennessy is nicer: It employs more people.

  3. #3
    DivaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newark, OH
    Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Posts
    4,102
    Didn't you used to have that feature? I remember my friend and I kept checking to see when her boyfriend's hammock was going to be up next in the line up.

  4. #4
    PapaSmurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Ohio
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Varies each trip
    Posts
    1,367
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    I appreciate your attention to this, not because I've been your client, but because you are demonstrating how to get anticipation-management under control for bespoke (ie genuinely custom-made) goods.
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Didn't you used to have that feature?
    I've had a simple order list for quite some time, but it's more automated now and there's a lot more going on in the background that isn't visible to the customer. The goal is to provide the best information and communication out to folks who've ordered and to those considering a Dream Hammock.

  5. #5
    Detail Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    879
    Images
    5
    That's a nice feature.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Hammock
    SwithcBack
    Tarp
    Edge or TrailStar
    Insulation
    quilts and pads
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Posts
    320
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    The goal is to provide the best information and communication out to folks who've ordered and to those considering a Dream Hammock.
    And this is one reason why the Dream Hammocks are so hard to resist.

    True customer care!

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    BC
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Tadpole, UGQ H12
    Insulation
    Leighlo, HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    29
    Sweet! Lucky number 424 for this dude ... in line.

  8. #8
    Member 8Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Helena, MT
    Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner/Darien UL
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    TQ LeighLo/Shamu
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UCRs
    Posts
    68
    Love this order status board. An excellent example of how a seller can better connect with their customers. It isn't just the board though, Randy is so responsive and helpful with his emails that I am surprised he's only 6 weeks out on his estimated lead times.
    When I had questions on fabrics for the Darien UL he offered to send me samples and took the time to describe each of the fabric options to me in an email. If he is half as good at hammock builds as he is at customer service before the sale - I am going to be excessively happy. I say if because I just placed my first Dream Hammock order a couple of days ago.
    #437
    Life is short and then it's forever..

  9. #9
    Member McBroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Forest, TX
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ JRB TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by 8Daddy View Post
    Love this order status board. An excellent example of how a seller can better connect with their customers. It isn't just the board though, Randy is so responsive and helpful with his emails that I am surprised he's only 6 weeks out on his estimated lead times.
    When I had questions on fabrics for the Darien UL he offered to send me samples and took the time to describe each of the fabric options to me in an email. If he is half as good at hammock builds as he is at customer service before the sale - I am going to be excessively happy. I say if because I just placed my first Dream Hammock order a couple of days ago.
    #437
    I do not think that you will be disappointed at all. I'm loving my DangerBird so far. It is very comfortable and the craftsmanship is top notch. It was worth the wait.

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    BC
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Tadpole, UGQ H12
    Insulation
    Leighlo, HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    29
    Now serving ... #424.

    Woohoo!

    Looking forward to it PapaSmurf!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •