WB superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ20°UQ&siren30TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    I have one and used it at Mahha as a test. The material feels nice and reports are it got pretty close to the limits of the quilt. I stayed warm for the most part, just my feet got a little cold. The footbox is kinda big since it's made to fit a pad (i had a z-rest section in mine). I thought it would be a little short, but I didnt really notice when using either a gathered end hammock or my ridgerunner. Overall, I think it'll do nicely for what I wanted it for which is a warm weather quilt.
    Thanks for the input, that is what I wanted was some first hand knowledge.

Hammock
    GT Dbl & custom HH backpacker
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ20°UQ&siren30TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronAlso View Post
    Well ill tell you this I wouldn't pay $350 for it; far too many options available at better prices and specifically designed for hammocks.

The width would concern me a little. From the specs this thing is very wide. Perhaps wide enough to completely wrap around yourself. For comparison...

The JRB Katadin quilt (meant for 2 people) has the following specs.
    Length: 85 inches
    Width: 61 inches
    Loft: 3.5 inches
    Packs Into: 8 inches diameter by 11 inches tall
    Weight: 36 ounces

Yeah its nearly twice the weight but its rated to 0º I believe. Look at the size though. Compared to the Nemo quilt's specs I'd reckon you could get two friendly people under it on the ground anyway.
    The deal is far lower than anything else in its temp and weight range.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ20°UQ&siren30TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    Wide for 10 oz of fill, little math and I came up with roughly 5016 square inch assuming a length of 76" and allowing for the taper. For 30* 2" loft at 125% fill I came up with with almost 15oz of fill needed for a quilt this large.

Is temp rating for comfort or survivability?
    Intended use is warm weather, I will also get a 20° for colder temps.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ20°UQ&siren30TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think they got their specs mixed up, if you were to look at the site that was linked on the first post it shows a normal width pad being used and the quilts is almost too tight for someone to get into it. Also there is a picture next too the spec list and it shows a length of 71" and a shoulder width of 35.5" and tapering down, although it doesn't mention the top width in that pic.

Sorry I tried to copy the image but can't convert it to black so it can be seen. Here is a link to the site- http://www.nemoequipment.com/product/?Siren+30F scroll to the bottom and look next to the spec list for the diagram.
    Thanks for the doing that, it helps, I am hoping it is a little cooler than 30° any way.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ20°UQ&siren30TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Images
    Just got my siren.
    So far I have only tried it on the sofa but it fits great, the short foot box allows me to lay down forming a 4 with my legs just as many like to do in hammocks, I was concerned that some the TQ would have a longer foot box making the figure 4 hard to get into.
    It is raining for the next few days so I will have to wait to try it in my hammock, I plan to do a video review of it soon and will post the link.