Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG down
    Suspension
    Straps

Dangerbird v Thunderbird.. decisions, decisions..

Quote Originally Posted by BajaHanger View Post
    ... Now with the ThunderBird I will just hang my field towel or something over the ridgeline and netting to keep the sun out.
    "A towel, it is said, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."

May 25 Towel Day. Don't panic.

I even type with a Dutch accent.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    AHE TOXAWAY
    Insulation
    HG INCU/ EE REV X
    Quote Originally Posted by Space4DaPoppa View Post
    Good to know from someone my height. The UQ issue is not coverage but when I move around too much in my BB it slips from the left side to the right, moving off my shoulder. I continue to tweak this and it's gotten better but I have already bought some Dutch quilt hooks to maybe fix the issue. The zipper pull was to close the zipper. A second, shorter pull coming directly off the zipper would open it. ..and you're right about the over thinking part. My OCD just seems to kick in with this stuff. Part of what I like about this obsession.
    I had the same problem with my bb xlc i thought it was just me.

Hammock
    Thunderbird11ft DL
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    20 UGQ Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I am 5'11" and I have a 11ft DL Thunderbird. I do have to schooch a bit to get the zipper all the way up with is an issue at timesbut i can get it back in place because I have inside access to the DL. I plan on going to an UQ when I can afford one so then it shouldnt be an issue. I honestly don't see why you would not carry both outercover and net the weight savins is minimal. Of course I am not a gram weenie so makes no difference to me and I like to have options. I love love love love love love my Thunderbird. It is so comfortable and versitale! The craftsmanship is remarkable. Did I say how much I love love love this hammock? I think you have made a great choice that you wont regret!!
    Psalm 50:1 The Mighty One, God, the Lord, speaks and calls the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.
    Old Dominion Hangers: Secretary
    First Annual Powhatan Hang and Work - April 17-19, 2015

Hammock
    DH 11ft Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

11 ft Hammock

Unmighty,

I am new to hammocking and was looking at 11ft hammocks. I am currently trying to decide between a BlackBird XLC or a 11ft Thunderbird. Have you ever tried an XLC? Was curious how it compared. Was looking really hard at the Thunderbird as I am extremely impressed with the build quality on all the Dream Hammocks. Does the Thunderbird have a pretty flat lay? Also I was curious what width you got and the material type? Thanks appreciate all the help!

Cbushanger

Quote Originally Posted by Unmighty View Post
    I am 5'11" and I have a 11ft DL Thunderbird. I do have to schooch a bit to get the zipper all the way up with is an issue at timesbut i can get it back in place because I have inside access to the DL. I plan on going to an UQ when I can afford one so then it shouldnt be an issue. I honestly don't see why you would not carry both outercover and net the weight savins is minimal. Of course I am not a gram weenie so makes no difference to me and I like to have options. I love love love love love love my Thunderbird. It is so comfortable and versitale! The craftsmanship is remarkable. Did I say how much I love love love this hammock? I think you have made a great choice that you wont regret!!

Hammock
    Simply Light Design
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    LeighLo Down UQ
    Suspension
    Back to Whoopies!
    Just to muddy the water...you could get two Darien's! One with bug netting and the other w/a custom over cover in place of the netting.

Hammock
    Thunderbird11ft DL
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    20 UGQ Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have been in a blackbird and it is a great hammock. IMHO the thunderbird has a flatter lay. I have not been in the blackbirdxlc. I got the 1.7 material in a double layer.

Quote Originally Posted by CbusHanger View Post
    Unmighty,

I am new to hammocking and was looking at 11ft hammocks. I am currently trying to decide between a BlackBird XLC or a 11ft Thunderbird. Have you ever tried an XLC? Was curious how it compared. Was looking really hard at the Thunderbird as I am extremely impressed with the build quality on all the Dream Hammocks. Does the Thunderbird have a pretty flat lay? Also I was curious what width you got and the material type? Thanks appreciate all the help!

Cbushanger
    Psalm 50:1 The Mighty One, God, the Lord, speaks and calls the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.
    Old Dominion Hangers: Secretary
    First Annual Powhatan Hang and Work - April 17-19, 2015

Hammock
    WWBB
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Images
    Any shoulder squeeze or nasty calf ridge in either? Better yet has anyone tried MSBs (mini spreader bar) with them? I'm really considering the T-bird, but usually require MSBs to be comfy.
    Directionally challenged...comicly so.

Not all who wonder are lost...But I'm probably just lost.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12