Tarp
    Camo Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    Loco Libre!
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images

Hangs on the AT in NY

As stated HERE , I intend to hike the AT in NY northbound from the NY/NJ border to Rt. 9D north of the Bear Mtn. Bridge 5/16-5/19. If the weather forecast sucks for Thursday and Friday, I may slide the days to 5/17-5/20 or 5/18-5/21.
    I hope to hike the rest of NY in bits this year and welcome other friendly company.
    If anyone's interested, just PM me.
    perrito

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

Hammock
    FreeBird/ThunderBird/Lite Owl
    Tarp
    HG, Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ ,HG,WLSSUQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    If my son didn't have his prom that weekend I would join you. I need to complete bear mountain bridge to Hoyt rd. fishbait and I are supposed to do it but no dates are set. Let me know when you want to go. I have a lot of time off from work, so my schedule is felixable.

Hammock
    11' Mutton Chop
    Tarp
    Camo Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    Loco Libre!
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    Here's a spreadsheet of my plans north of Bear Mtn. Bridge.

Note - The mileage start and end numbers are for the 2009 AT I found online.
    Also, I've downloaded the GPX files for this hike from Backpacker/Trimble Outdoors and had a spreadsheet calculate the elevation gain/loss and the "GPS" distance. This data is in the last 3 columns. I use this information to help gauge the difficulty of a planned day.

I also planned on the AT RR station as a break point in case I needed to use public transportation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    perrito

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

Hammock
    Underquilts.com doublenest
    Tarp
    12x10 DIY w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Woopie/Tree Strap
    Hey man ill be up that way next year toward fall if you like it enough to swing in again and join me.

Hope you love your time on the trail man!
    The syntactical nature of reality, the real secret of magic, is that the world is made of words. And if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish.
    – Terence McKenna

Nick's Hi-Tech Pressure Washing

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    I am out with the meniscus tear. Surgery on the 24th, but if you need any shuttling give me a holler. I can pm you my cell #. Only bad day for me is Sunday. I have to drive to fredonia and back to pick up my daughter from school.

Have a great hike!
    John aka Suede

Hammock
    11' Mutton Chop
    Tarp
    Camo Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    Loco Libre!
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nickgann View Post
    Hey man ill be up that way next year toward fall if you like it enough to swing in again and join me.

Hope you love your time on the trail man!
    Hey Nick,
    Be sure to post here when you're in the area. I'm sure you'll get some company, even if it's just a night at camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Space4DaPoppa View Post
    I am out with the meniscus tear. Surgery on the 24th, but if you need any shuttling give me a holler. I can pm you my cell #. Only bad day for me is Sunday. I have to drive to fredonia and back to pick up my daughter from school.

Have a great hike!
    Hey Space..,
    Good luck on that knee operation. We'll figure out some way to hang out, maybe this fall. Even if it's just a car camp to keep you from getting stir crazy.
    Thanx for the shuttle offer. I'm not too far from the start and finished for the wife to refuse my demands for rides.
    perrito

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by perrito View Post
    Hey Nick,
    Hey Space..,
    Good luck on that knee operation. We'll figure out some way to hang out, maybe this fall. Even if it's just a car camp to keep you from getting stir crazy.
    Thanx for the shuttle offer. I'm not too far from the start and finished for the wife to refuse my demands for rides.
    Thanks Perrito. I am really hoping to be able to do some backpacking by August latest. If you are interested in another AT section in PA, a friend of mine is setting up a 50 mi. section 8/2-8/5 if you're interested. It is with the AMC but membership is not required. These trips have an 8 person max. I am going to try to make this one. There is also another section of the AT in PA by the same leader 7/12-15. If you want more info, you can go to the http://www.amc-ny.org and search the backpacking group for leader Zarb. If I'm not ready to do a trip, a car camp or a short in/out would be great! I will be going crazy looking at some new gear I have on order!
    John aka Suede

Space, I had my knee scoped last summer, took out 30% of my medial meniscus where the tear was, and was hiking 30 days later. Was walking the next week but didn't have full range of motion for about 2 weeks, good luck.

Hammock
    FreeBird/ThunderBird/Lite Owl
    Tarp
    HG, Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ ,HG,WLSSUQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by perrito View Post
    Here's a spreadsheet of my plans north of Bear Mtn. Bridge.

Note - The mileage start and end numbers are for the 2009 AT I found online.
    Also, I've downloaded the GPX files for this hike from Backpacker/Trimble Outdoors and had a spreadsheet calculate the elevation gain/loss and the "GPS" distance. This data is in the last 3 columns. I use this information to help gauge the difficulty of a planned day.

I also planned on the AT RR station as a break point in case I needed to use public transportation.
    Perrito spreadsheet looks good. The only problem with AT train station it only runs on weekend and I think it's one train in and one out in the afternoon. We would have to catch train in Pawling. Fishbait and I was thinking of doing it sobo. Parking car at bear mountain and getting a shuttle to Hoyt. We don't have a set date but it might be in sept. if your going to do before then let me know. I have no problem walking it again. Otherwise ill be doing loop trails in Harriman.. Btw we just did CT a few weeks ago. We did it sobo from race brook falls to Hoyt rd. It was a great trip. A little to hot but the views were awesome and a lot of water.

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreen View Post
    Space, I had my knee scoped last summer, took out 30% of my medial meniscus where the tear was, and was hiking 30 days later. Was walking the next week but didn't have full range of motion for about 2 weeks, good luck.
    Thanks. I would be VERY happy with that prognosis! I did not do that well the last time (had it repaired about 8 yrs ago) but didn't do the PT, so I'm hoping that will make the difference. They are taking out another 30%'ish off the already 20% removed. Hopefully he can clean out some of the scar tissue and arthritis at the same time, which is my hope.
    John aka Suede

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast