Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Nights at altitude are almost always cool in temp, so I always have a jacket/vest/something with me. It gets rolled and put under my neck like the U-shaped pillows they sell at the airport.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    HH A-sym snake skins, hex tarp
    Tarp
    General's Custom
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear 3/4
    Suspension
    tree hugger
    Images
    a cheap flocked air - airplane pillow
    There was an Old Man with a owl,
    Who continued to bother and howl;
    He sat on a rail, And imbibed bitter ale,
    Which refreshed that Old Man and his owl
    .WOO

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    The very reason I started making hammock pillows. When I started there was nothing available like ours, now there are clones every where.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    DIY HH, DIY BB, DIY Stretchy side
    Tarp
    Any, keep you dry
    Insulation
    DIY IX + down UQs.
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Sweet info everyone. Thank you all for your posts. I see so many pictures where people don't have pillows and I couldn't get comfortable without something interesting my head, so I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I have used the airport pillows which work nice, but I will have to look in to AHE pillows as I got a post from them. The only annoying this is, I live in Australia and international shipping is RIDICULOUS. Anyways, I may just use a jacket for now. The other problem I have is, I my HH explorer deluxe just seems too small. The head side (pocket area) just seems to push my head in too much, I have made a clone, (very comfy) and think maybe lengthening the ridge line a bit on my hh would relieve the pressure a bit and give me more room, what do you guys think? I think right now I sag way too much in my hh and that just creates all the material to squeeze me in to the center, hence why I am uncomfortable in the neck. I just think for the price the hh isn't all that great since I made one much more comfortable and lighter for a fraction of the price. Let me know what you think. Thanks again everyone.

Ghillieshot

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    The inflatable travel pillow from WM. Inflate about 1/2 way. Getting into the hammock every night the pillow fits over my left shoulder. On my back the leg under my neck is perfect and when I go to my left side the fuller center supports my head.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    I use a wool sweater or fleece shirt. Most of my camping is at altitude and it's high 30's to mid 40's at night. Don't have room for an extra pillow, but going to look into the pillow clothing sacks.
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I don't use a pillow anymore in the hammock. It is really hard to get used to not having a pillow, but I kind of view hammock sleeping as something so entirely different from bed sleeping that they're not remotely comparable.

I don't like my feet elevated, but sleep better in a hammock that way. I love to sleep on my side and stomach, but totally gave that up in the hammock. My feeling is that a hammock is not a bed, and the sooner I realized that the more comfortably I slept in the hammock (sans pillow).

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skyclad View Post
    Many pillows available. Some are inflatable, and pack down to nothing. The best ones are covered on one side or both sides with fleece or some other fabric that won't stick to your face. The most comfortable IMO are filled with down or some other insulation, but they don't pack down as small. I got one of those crescent shaped pillows that snaps around your neck in the airport, and use it when weight/space are not an issue. Try REI or one of the many other camping/hammock gear web sites.

Sky
    Ikea has an inflatable neck pillow, it's not UL, but it packs small and is pretty comfortable... oh, it's REALLY cheap.
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    DIY HH, DIY BB, DIY Stretchy side
    Tarp
    Any, keep you dry
    Insulation
    DIY IX + down UQs.
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Well I have a HH Exp Deluxe, and it's ok, but I just can't get comfortable on it anymore then maybe 10% of the time. I am 6'1" 93kgs/200ish lbs (i think) and my head just gets crushed my the side of the hammock head pocket to get comfortable at the head, I slide right down so my head/shoulders have space, but then I don't have enough leg space. I have made a HH clone and it's great, the only thing is, I made it symetrically opposite as it works best for me, but now any extras that I get with my Hennessey won't work on it. So I am wanting to utilize the small fortune I payed for the Hennessey. I have come to think that there is way too much sag in my EXP Del, and was thinking that maybe extending the RL would stretch the hammock length wise and take some of the pressure from the sides away. If that makes sense. I know it sounds contradictory lengthening it to create a better lay, but I am certain it would work, as I am sure there is too much sag in the hammock. Any thoughts would be much appreciated, I may try it, though I don't have any zingit/amsteel. Should I dare try it with 550 para? Or too much stretch? Thanks everyone.

Ghillieshot.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Asym
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Pad plus reflectix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swehanger View Post
    I'll just use My lightweight downjacket as pillow.
    +1 stuff mine in a drysack, works great. Plus its there and handy when I have to "see a man about a horse" in the middle of the night.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12