Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Pad plus reflectix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Snakeskin Questions

I received my first hammock (a HH Explorer Deluxe) a couple of weeks ago and have set it up in the yard a few times (including spending two nights). Each time I set-up it gets a little better. One of the areas that I am still trying to figure out is the proper use of the seemingly simple snakeskins.

I see that there are little loops at the thin end of both snakeskins, do folks use those in any particular way?

And I have a set for both the hammock and the tarp and am not sure I have them positioned correctly in so far as how far toward the suspensions they are suppose to go. Do most folks "force" them over the hammock D ring for example, or is that the stopping point?

On the Hex tarp they end up right at the end of the tart ridge line due to the "V" I have on the ridge-line suspension. In other words, I push them out, the go no further once they hit the "V", and thus are scrunched up against the edge of the tarp itself.

Thanks for any insight.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.9
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Phoenix 0 Degree
    Suspension
    Webbing straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Hones100 View Post
    I received my first hammock (a HH Explorer Deluxe) a couple of weeks ago and have set it up in the yard a few times (including spending two nights). Each time I set-up it gets a little better. One of the areas that I am still trying to figure out is the proper use of the seemingly simple snakeskins.
    Welcome to the Club! Yes, the snakeskins take a couple times getting comfortable with them.

I see that there are little loops at the thin end of both snakeskins, do folks use those in any particular way?
    Never even thought about it, maybe drip lines?

And I have a set for both the hammock and the tarp and am not sure I have them positioned correctly in so far as how far toward the suspensions they are suppose to go. Do most folks "force" them over the hammock D ring for example, or is that the stopping point?
    I put the skins at the end of the hammock. I only use the skins on the hammock. It's a squeeze to put the tarp and Explorer in even the XL skins, but I have done it. I don't have skins on the tarp, but am thinking about it.

On the Hex tarp they end up right at the end of the tart ridge line due to the "V" I have on the ridge-line suspension. In other words, I push them out, the go no further once they hit the "V", and thus are scrunched up against the edge of the tarp itself.
    That should be fine, it just looks weird.

Thanks for any insight.[/QUOTE] Keeping testing out *your* system...you will find what works. Lots of information and pictures, here, too...

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    PLUQ/Lynx Clone
    Suspension
    Strap/Buckle | UCR
    Not sure about the Hennessy Hammock, but I threaded the loops on the snap rings on either end of my SuperFly. The loops keep the SnakeSkin from being pulled up over the tarp.

• + New Posts