Crinkle Custom
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    brrr
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Straps

Zing it, Lash it, Fling it and Dynaglide

Zing it, Lash it, Fling it and Dynaglide ....

Honestly, other than color , a mm or two I've never really picked up on the differences between these lines . Can somebody help a brother out ?
    "What one Man can do, another can do!"
    Jons4real

http://www.youtube.com/user/jons4real

Hammock
    HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20° Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware

There Is A Difference in One..

Quote Originally Posted by jons4real View Post

Honestly, other than color , a mm or two I've never really picked up on the differences between these lines . Can somebody help a brother out ?
    Fling It is very hard if not impossible to splice. It's used mostly for bear bags.

OneThingAT - Facebook
    OneThing YouTube
    N. Calif. Boggs Mt Hangout - May 10-12, 2013

Senior Member TheIrishmanHangeth's Avatar
    Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Stock EXPLR tarp
    Insulation
    Reflector
    Suspension
    Garda hitch

I don't claim to be an expert but from what I've seen that's it. Having that .25 mm less for zing it vs dynaglide is a way for the gram weenies to shed as much weight as they possibly can.

Images
    They vary slightly. Dynaglide has a stronger breaking strength than the others, and like fling-it, they were designed to be throw lines for arborists. So they are tough and slick, and brightly colored. Zing-it and Lashit are they same as each other, only the color differs. Those two aren't as slick or as tightly woven as the throw lines. Also, they don't offer color choices really, so some may just prefer a certain color.

Senior Member TheIrishmanHangeth's Avatar
    Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Stock EXPLR tarp
    Insulation
    Reflector
    Suspension
    Garda hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    They vary slightly. Dynaglide has a stronger breaking strength than the others, and like fling-it, they were designed to be throw lines for arborists. So they are tough and slick, and brightly colored. Zing-it and Lashit are they same as each other, only the color differs. Those two aren't as slick or as tightly woven as the throw lines. Also, they don't offer color choices really, so some may just prefer a certain color.
    Good info, the weight rating was so obvious to me I didn't even think to mention it lol. All that other stuff didn't pertain to hammock near as much so it didn't even cross my mind.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    There are a few differences. As stated color and break strength will be the easy off the top things to note from one to the others. They are all made from Dyneema (a generic/trade name for Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene) however the construction of them is a bit different.

Dynaglide is a 10 strand braid that is pre-stretched and coated with a heavy coating of Polyurethane

Lash it and Zing it are an 8 strand braid that is coated with a propriatary coating...also believed to be a urethane of sorts but is not added in anywhere near the volume as that on the Dynaglide. This lighter coating while made for the same purpose of reducing friction for throw lines being lighter makes the cord not feel so stiff/sticky as the coating on Dynaglide.

Fling it is an entirely different product from anther manufacture and has very little information published about what it is made up from and the coating used on it.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Crinkle Custom
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    brrr
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    There are a few differences. As stated color and break strength will be the easy off the top things to note from one to the others. They are all made from Dyneema (a generic/trade name for Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene) however the construction of them is a bit different.

Dynaglide is a 10 strand braid that is pre-stretched and coated with a heavy coating of Polyurethane

Lash it and Zing it are an 8 strand braid that is coated with a propriatary coating...also believed to be a urethane of sorts but is not added in anywhere near the volume as that on the Dynaglide. This lighter coating while made for the same purpose of reducing friction for throw lines being lighter makes the cord not feel so stiff/sticky as the coating on Dynaglide.

Fling it is an entirely different product from anther manufacture and has very little information published about what it is made up from and the coating used on it.
    Mr. Gibson, that was very very informative, thank you. If by any chance you know all of that by heart and that was all right off the top of your head..... Sir ill give you a crisp clean $10.00 bill if we ever meet ! Impressive Sir !
    Jons4real

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Mr. Gibson, that was very very informative, thank you. If by any chance you know all of that by heart and that was all right off the top of your head..... Sir ill give you a crisp clean $10.00 bill if we ever meet ! Impressive Sir !
    If we get to hang you can bring the beer.

This is what I do...every day...day in, day out. It's kinda my job.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Crinkle Custom
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    brrr
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Straps
    Aww throwing lines vs non throwing lines, great info.

I never bothered to much with each lines breaking limits even know I they differed. I do know that I can't hang from them so they are all pretty much tie out lines or RL's for me.
    Jons4real

• + New Posts