Hammock
    HHUEAZ
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    whoop, dutch clip
    I had ordered a ul explorer asym zip directly from hennesseyhammock.com along with whoopie slings for a 1or2 hole Hennessey from whoopiesling.com before I read about this change in how the hammock ends are gathered. Fortunately, the new hammock direct from Hennessey in Sep 2013 had the melted-cut two hole arrangement that I had expected. So they're not all changed yet.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 w/net, HH Exp Asy w/zipmod
    Tarp
    DIY Hex, HH Asm
    Insulation
    DIY D&Syn TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    CinchB & WS,Dutch
    The Newer whipping method with the Nylon strap (Vs 2 Holes) is Very Easy to switch over to whoopie slings or continuous loops/dutch hooks,etc..Just make 2-3 passes thru the nylon loop and larks head..Done..re-attach hood cover&zip tie. A 15" loop is required with the 2 burned holes, 8-10" is plenty for the newer whipping method.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    FYI

Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

http://dutchwaregear.com

Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)

8th Annual Mt Rogers Winter Hang Spreadsheet

Hmm-

I wonder if a different factory is making the sewn-end hammocks? At first I thought maybe the sewn end was just on Safari models. It could be the melted ends with a hole is the way the backpacker models are going and the less expensive (for their size class) are going to be sewn. I will drop a note to Hennessy Hammocks.
    Rosaleen

Hennessy Hammock afficionado and supporter.

Tom Hennessy responded to my post. SOME hammock models are being produced with the stitched ends. This modification allows for easier replacement of the ridgeline, so the average person can do this without returning the hammock for repair. Modifying/untying the the suspension ropes voids the Hennessy warranty, so this change avoids that issue for damaged ridgelines in (again) some models.

BTW-There are fewer items in the "scratch and dent sale" because there have been fewer returns.
    Rosaleen

Hennessy Hammock afficionado and supporter.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7
    Tarp
    Loading....Again..
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing+Buckles
    You can feel the difference in the whipping without taking off the black stuff. The traditional HH whipping feels round and bulky, while the "new" HH whipping feels flat at the ends. but thats just my 2 cents.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Ultralite
    yeah, easy to tell the difference

my new Explorer Ultralite has the old style, whereas the included Cub has the new style

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Stock EXPLR tarp
    Insulation
    Reflector
    Suspension
    Garda hitch
    Sorry I'm a bit late to the party on this one. I just bought a Hennessy Explorer Deluxe Zip brand new from REI late Feb of this year( so less than a month ago). It has the new sewn-in webbing end. I can confirm that the ridgeline is attached by stringing it through the end of the webbing loop on the inside. It would be very easy to change out the ridgleline as it is no longer required(for those that have the new webbing loop) to undo the suspension lines. I can also confirm that the snakeskins don't go down as far due to the end bundle being wider. It still goes down far enough to overlap(even with my exlplorer deluxe), but just barely. It only overlaps by an inch or two. I find when I fold the skinned hammock to bundle it all together for storage, the overlap gets a gap and some of the hammock/tarp pops out the center. Not a huge deal, just something to keep in mind and watch out for if you store your hammock on the outside of your pack in the skins.