Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I am definitely not a gram weenie - but as Opie once said, I'm beginning to see the merits. I'm an old fart - ACL reconstruction on left knee, recent MCL tear on right knee and everything else is just worn out. So lighter weight means a lot once you get up in years. To think, two years ago I was carrying a 60 lb. pack.

You probably can't find a cheaper hammock than the BIAS Hiker Lite, at least not of that quality. It won't be on sale forever!
    Someone needs to help their webpage designer haha. Anywhere I can find the differences in all the bias? I might just splurge haha.

Nevermind i found it.
    Last edited by jwright7856; 06-12-2013 at 00:27.

Prefers life at 12 MPH. FLRider's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    What SilvrSurfr recommended was about what I was going to recommend. It's a good, easy-to-use design that allows you to bring the net or not depending on your needs.

Also, if you don't need your tarp to be camo, the Tadpole can be had for $85 + shipping (look here), which brings the total down to ~$226.00 before shipping and such.

Weight of the system may not be a concern, and that's fine. However, this is a much more comfortable and easy-to-use set up than ENO would be, especially the bug net, tarp, and suspension system.

Personally, I've spent the last year cutting everything I didn't need out of my pack (and working really hard on my general fitness level) to be able to do very long days on the trail. But, even if you don't have a goal like that (even if the goal is "to figure out the lightest system that I can be comfortable with, just for the lulz"), it's still worth looking for quality craftsmanship in the equipment you use. Also, I've heard nothing but glowing praise for both Wilderness Logics and BIAS as far as customer service goes, so if something winds up being a little screwy, you should be covered.

Just my two cents; it's really worth everything you paid for it.
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    HHDJ/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lite Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    +3 on the BIAS hammock and Buginator. I love it. It is a great set.
    Happy Hangin!!!

AKA BajaHanger

You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it. -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    What SilvrSurfr recommended was about what I was going to recommend. It's a good, easy-to-use design that allows you to bring the net or not depending on your needs.

Also, if you don't need your tarp to be camo, the Tadpole can be had for $85 + shipping (look here), which brings the total down to ~$226.00 before shipping and such.

Weight of the system may not be a concern, and that's fine. However, this is a much more comfortable and easy-to-use set up than ENO would be, especially the bug net, tarp, and suspension system.

Personally, I've spent the last year cutting everything I didn't need out of my pack (and working really hard on my general fitness level) to be able to do very long days on the trail. But, even if you don't have a goal like that (even if the goal is "to figure out the lightest system that I can be comfortable with, just for the lulz"), it's still worth looking for quality craftsmanship in the equipment you use. Also, I've heard nothing but glowing praise for both Wilderness Logics and BIAS as far as customer service goes, so if something winds up being a little screwy, you should be covered.

Just my two cents; it's really worth everything you paid for it.
    Well that settles it. I'm getting a bias I like the design and colors after looking at it. Now I just have to decide on which model. Poly hammock vs Nylon hammock whats the difference? Im thinking double layer and ill probably upgrade the bug net. The tarp is still in the air right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BajaHanger View Post
    +3 on the BIAS hammock and Buginator. I love it. It is a great set.
    Man i sure am glad I went with my gut and didnt buy the eno but I was really close haha.

Hammock
    doublenest eno
    Tarp
    old fly
    Insulation
    1" foam/sp.blanket
    Suspension
    1/2" diy straps
    rei has nice tarps. light and cheap, just rectangular. theres always the kelty noah.

Quote Originally Posted by hang10 View Post
    rei has nice tarps. light and cheap, just rectangular. theres always the kelty noah.
    Ill look into them too. I like rei. But the tarp is probably going to be a later thought.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB A-sym Diamond
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag/pad
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    ENO hammocks are comfy, but they come with drawbacks. First off, you need to buy everything separately. And I mean EVERYTHING. Hammock, suspension, ridgeline, tarp, bug net. Where, you can find set ups around here where you can find things integrated, and with more bang for your buck.

If you're buying on a budget, Hennessy isn't a bad option; Warbonnets are tried and true around here, and Wilderness Logics makes great quality products.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good...

Hammock
    Eno Dbl. Nest, wbbb xlc dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    12' Winter Palace
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Whoopies, cinch
    Just to add on to what others have said, its good you asked about ENO. The tarps have next to none coverage in heavy storms. All guylines must be replaced very quickly due to the crappy line used. Lets just say ENO's traps have a long way before they could possibly match up to others of similar price.

Quote Originally Posted by Latitude918 View Post
    ENO hammocks are comfy, but they come with drawbacks. First off, you need to buy everything separately. And I mean EVERYTHING. Hammock, suspension, ridgeline, tarp, bug net. Where, you can find set ups around here where you can find things integrated, and with more bang for your buck.

If you're buying on a budget, Hennessy isn't a bad option; Warbonnets are tried and true around here, and Wilderness Logics makes great quality products.
    Well that was the idea of the one line system eno offers. But I have decided against that. Im trying to decide between bias camper, weight weenie, and the hiker lite.