Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39
  1. #11
    Senior Member headchange4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Posts
    6,267
    Images
    35
    Sorry I missed this one. I would have liked to be there.

    Ewker I'm glad you finally got to sleep in a hammock but I'm sorry your first time was not a great experience. Don't give up on hammocks!

    Neo,

    Looks like you were gettin' down in that one pic.
    Last edited by headchange4u; 03-19-2007 at 08:40.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett



    Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

  2. #12
    Senior Member NCPatrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    9,041
    Images
    40
    I hope your new April date will not be the same weekend as next year's SEHHA Hot Springs hangout. April is filling up. I'm guessing they'll be a week apart?

    When will the Octoberfest hangout be? Thanks.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Ewker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Old Hickory, Tn
    Hammock
    Henry Shires Tarp Tent
    Tarp
    with a tent?
    Insulation
    Helium down bag
    Posts
    4,120
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Ewker I'm glad you finally got to sleep in a hammock but I'm sorry your first time was not a great experience. Don't give up on hammocks!
    Neo,

    Looks like you were gettin' down in that one pic.

    Headchange 4u, The hammock I have is the one off Sportsmanguide. I already ripped the netting. It probably happened when I was getting in the hammock and I sat on the netting pulling it from the tie-outs

    I laid in Neo's hammock and needless to say there is a lot of difference between the 2 hammocks. I can tell his was a lot sturdier and also longer. I wonder if mine is to short. Even when my feet were against the end of the hammock I didn't have that much room above my head..maybe 18" and it was going uphill. I will try again and see what happens.

    I just didn't want to spend a bunch of money on a hammock and not like it.

    Yeah Neo and Rocksee were some dancing fools

  4. #14
    BillyBob58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tupelo, MS
    Posts
    8,463
    Images
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    I was using a SPE. I had both pads in it and some on the sides. They still slid around. It felt like my feet were way above my head already.

    Well, sounds like I missed a good one! I'll have to put my sights on Octoberfest!

    Ewker, I'm surprised to hear you slid around on the SPE, and that you already had the foot hung higher! I haven't had any trouble with a full length ridgerest plus thermarest 3/4 ultralight selfinflate. And I had the same problems sliding down my first night out, with the hammock hung level. The next night the foot went higher and no more trouble. You may just have to hang it(the foot) even higher. But reading your further posts, that full length thermarest (selfinflating?) combined with maybe a too short hammock, might be your problem. My full length ridgerest will curve more or less to the shape of the hammock so my feet stay somewhat low. I'm thinking a selfinflator might not. Of couse, most of the time I don't need a pad, cause the supershelter takes me to the low 30s or lower.

  5. #15
    Member Hana Hanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maui, Hawaii
    Posts
    64
    Images
    19
    Maybe if I win a lottery or Publishers Clearing House...I can come next time as well as to Trail Days!
    Enjoyed all the photos...Thank you for sharing.

  6. #16
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,151
    Images
    295
    neo's set up
    tom claytor jungle hammock $70.00
    12 x 12 guide gear camo tarp $40.00
    trimmed down old military pad $3.90
    camo parka sleeping bag $20.00
    guide gear sleeping bag $25.00
    oversized snakeskins(made by our own headchange4u)a gift thanks jason
    neo

    http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...r&imageuser=11


    http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...r&imageuser=11

  7. #17
    Senior Member Ewker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Old Hickory, Tn
    Hammock
    Henry Shires Tarp Tent
    Tarp
    with a tent?
    Insulation
    Helium down bag
    Posts
    4,120
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Ewker, I'm surprised to hear you slid around on the SPE, and that you already had the foot hung higher! I haven't had any trouble with a full length ridgerest plus thermarest 3/4 ultralight selfinflate. And I had the same problems sliding down my first night out, with the hammock hung level. The next night the foot went higher and no more trouble. You may just have to hang it(the foot) even higher. But reading your further posts, that full length thermarest (selfinflating?) combined with maybe a too short hammock, might be your problem. My full length ridgerest will curve more or less to the shape of the hammock so my feet stay somewhat low. I'm thinking a selfinflator might not. Of couse, most of the time I don't need a pad, cause the supershelter takes me to the low 30s or lower.
    I also have an Insul Max Mat that I may try. It is mummy shape at the foot end so it might stay in the hammock better.

    I think the self inflating Therm-a-rest was just to wide and wouldn't stay/form to the inside the hammock. Neo thought it might have to much air in it which is why it kept popping out

    I can speak for other hammocks but when I would turn on my side (facing out of the hammock) that side of the hammock was only 4-6 high. My face would be higher than the side. Is this normal or should the side be higher?

  8. #18
    Senior Member FanaticFringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lawrenceville, Ga
    Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Posts
    2,424
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    neo's set up
    tom claytor jungle hammock $70.00
    12 x 12 guide gear camo tarp $40.00
    trimmed down old military pad $3.90
    camo parka sleeping bag $20.00
    guide gear sleeping bag $25.00
    oversized snakeskins(made by our own headchange4u)a gift thanks jason
    neo

    http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...r&imageuser=11


    http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...r&imageuser=11
    I've got the 9X9 Neo tarp. I'm thinking of getting the 12X12 cause it looks kinda like a stealth bomber over your hammock.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

  9. #19
    slowhike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing & rings
    Posts
    10,595
    Images
    319
    ewker, if you can come to the hot springs camp out, i'll bet we could set you up w/ a hammock that's plenty long, properly insulated & hung right... then see what happens
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

  10. #20
    slowhike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing & rings
    Posts
    10,595
    Images
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Hanger View Post
    Maybe if I win a lottery or Publishers Clearing House...I can come next time as well as to Trail Days!
    Enjoyed all the photos...Thank you for sharing.
    or... if we had that much money, maybe we could come hammock on your palm trees
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •