Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB MW3, HR on top
    Suspension
    WhoOpiesling!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    I like my hammock fairly high off the ground. I usually hang my suspensions ropes just above head height (6' or so) and just barely tension the ridgeline. Just so it's taut but not tight. I'll even let it droop a little at times. Once I'm in I am good to go and don't drop much during the night. Before I was cranking that rope as tight as I could. I'd get in and by morning I was butt touching on the ground. It seems counter intuitive, but it works for me. YMMV
    Ok, I'll play along when I hang this weekend. Gonna be in the 70's here in DC, 50's on the overnight !!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly.
    Insulation
    Yeti / Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images
    I have the safari, and at first I was hanging it so that the ridgeline was just slightly taught before I got in. I have been using my Blackbird and I hang that quite loosely so today while playing around with the HH again I hung it like that. It was not very comfortable for me. I could feel a definite line under my knees, and I couldn't find a sweet spot to lay in. I tightened it some and tried again. It was noticably more comfortable. I don't know if the smaller models are any different but my Safari likes to be hung tighter than my blackbird. In the end The suspension ropes are not slightly loose and the ridgeline is barely snug. Very little to no drop when I get in. If I was better with angles and such I could say more acurately but I would say it is at the fine line between slightly dropping when I enter and not dropping at all. I always hang kinda low and have not yet ended up with my butt on the ground or even colse to having to worry about it.
    Embarassing is being the last item in a discount bin.

No matter where you go, it will never be as cool as it was just before you got there. So thanks for ruining it for everyone.

Swing looooow, sweet Waaaarbonnet, comin for..to..carry..... me....yawn.....home......zzzzzzzz

I've found my HH Explorer Ultralight is more comfortable if I don't try to make it really tight. Not really loose either, but what I mean is I don't haul away on it trying to get it as tight as possible. That way the fabric doesn't push back as much on my right shoulder and elbow. Took a while to figure out why sometimes the HH felt roomy and other times didn't.

Hammock
    hh,warbonnet
    Tarp
    mac cat,diy
    Insulation
    JRB,ix underquilt
    Suspension
    whoopie,dutch clip

tight

i like mine tight.but it does not sleep as well so i toook 2 inches out of the ridge line and it works for me

Hammock
    "Binford 3600" DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon 10x10
    Insulation
    CCF & Mylar pad
    Anyone have pictures of ridgelines on home-made hammocks?
    -- Tim Taylor