Guadalupe Mountains National Park

Has anyone hammocked in Guadalupe Mountains National Park? I plan to climb Guadalupe Peak this year. If possible, I would like to hammock camp in the backcountry.

Hammock
    DIY 30d MARPAT
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod
    Suspension
    ISLS with UCRs
    The last time I put up a hammock there the ranger told me to take it down. But that was at Pine Springs not in the back country. I'd check with the rangers before going.

Mike

But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. (Luke 5:16 NIV)

He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 ESV)

While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. (1 Thessalonians 5:3 ESV)

Good advice....thanks, Mike!

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: Guadalupe Mountains National Park

Let me know what you find out... I am interested in "summitting" that one if I can...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    Let me know what you find out... I am interested in "summitting" that one if I can...
    That's my plan too. I hiked Emory Peak in Big Bend last year. Plan to hike Guadalupe Peak in October.