Hanging in Western Australia

Hi everyone,
    Just starting to get into the ancient art of the hammock!! Having recently been keen to get back outdoors and never really experienced a comfortable nights sleep in all my years of hiking (which I don't really understand as even with my 5cm thick thermarest I still struggle). Rumaging through my shed the other day I found a couple of old army hammocks in my camping equipment and start to wonder wether they may be better. But warmth is an issue as I like to hike in the dead of winter (usually no colder than about -5c and no snow just lots of rain.) So deciding that I wouldn't be comfortable in my existing hammock I splashed out and have ordered a Hennessy Explorer Deluxe. By the way this decision was made after watching Shug's You Tube videos and I couldn't argue with a fellow mandolin player. Looking forward to trying it out next week as I will be at home after a wrist operation. Shug do you have any tips for hanging a hammock with one hand? On the topic of staying warm I am thinking of making myself an underquilt and buying the Hennessy Undercover to protect it from rain etc. Long first post but I got excited.

cheers
    Adrian

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, HH Explorer deluxe
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:HH hex
    Insulation
    sleeping bag,KAQ
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Welcome to the forum! The explorer deluxe was my first hammock! Very comfortable. It has the bottom entry. Still use it from time to time. The super shelter system is a nice setup. Underquilts and top quilts make hammocking very comfortable. Good to see you have done some homework.

There is a lot of info in here to learn from. Good luck to gettin' back outdoors!

Welcome fro Georgia. Just read a post from WA about a walk from The Perth area to Albany, you folks have some great looking country to hang in.

Welcome from Canada!

Welcome to the site from Atlanta, GA. my first hammock was a Hennessy as well -the ASYM. I loved it and made some mods to it. I have a Clark on my birthday list so I will be getting it soon enough for my next trip.