Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: New KAQ

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sun Prairie, Wi
    Hammock
    Hennesy Expedition
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Posts
    28

    Thumbs up New KAQ

    What a pleasure it has been to deal with the new KAQ process! The Potomac I ordered on March 1st arrived on March 9th. This has to be a super effort on John's part of the production process. Plus, John sent me an email last week telling me the progress of making the quilt and when I could expect delivery. This was a nice personal touch and showed me care and concern on John's part.
    The Potomac is all I expected and more. The work is superb and the craftmanship is excellent. John sent along detailed instructins for attaching and adjusting the underquilt and included a very nice stuff sack and a few necessary accessories.
    This entire positive experience leads me to make a very high recommendation on John and his products and fantastic service. I'm anxious to get to use this Kickass Quilt.

  2. #2
    Senior Member animalcontrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB D1.1, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    2/3 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    2,515
    Images
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Hammond View Post
    What a pleasure it has been to deal with the new KAQ process! The Potomac I ordered on March 1st arrived on March 9th. This has to be a super effort on John's part of the production process. Plus, John sent me an email last week telling me the progress of making the quilt and when I could expect delivery. This was a nice personal touch and showed me care and concern on John's part.
    The Potomac is all I expected and more. The work is superb and the craftmanship is excellent. John sent along detailed instructins for attaching and adjusting the underquilt and included a very nice stuff sack and a few necessary accessories.
    This entire positive experience leads me to make a very high recommendation on John and his products and fantastic service. I'm anxious to get to use this Kickass Quilt.
    can't beat the customer service of most cottage manufactures...
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

  3. #3
    Senior Member Cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Posts
    13,919
    Images
    136
    I really want to order one! I am anxiously awaiting the BB version, but almost have myself talked into getting Genuine Draft's son one for his Hennessy. I think if he takes the trash out 5 days in a row without being asked, he'll get one.
    Trust nobody!

  4. #4
    Mrprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Hammock
    HH Explorer UL Zip
    Tarp
    DIY Gear Winter
    Insulation
    HH SS
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    1,731
    Thanks Ken, it was a pleasure working with you. I hope you have many warm nights in your new KAQ!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Adj webbing
    Posts
    1,568
    Wait! What is this I hear? There's going to be a BB-specific KAQ?!?

  6. #6
    Senior Member angrysparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    near Memphis, TN
    Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Posts
    9,686
    Images
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Wait! What is this I hear? There's going to be a BB-specific KAQ?!?
    Yes, I've arranged to loan MrPrez a BlackBird so he can fit and pattern a KAQ for those that want.
    I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt. - Cormac McCarthy

  7. #7
    Senior Member sir White Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Clarkesville, Ga.
    Hammock
    2 Warbonnet BlackBird & Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SF+
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Posts
    483
    Images
    24
    Sweet
    Ill keep a look out for that

  8. #8
    Senior Member Big D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Hammock
    Warbonnet B-bird
    Tarp
    WB MJ /SWT
    Insulation
    Yeti, leg pad/pack
    Suspension
    Whoooooooopie
    Posts
    368
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Yes, I've arranged to loan MrPrez a BlackBird so he can fit and pattern a KAQ for those that want.
    Crap! I guess that I need a quilt for really rainy trips......wouldn't want to freeze, or anything. What would the wife do without me? Just a little insurance policy.........

    OK ! I convinced myself. When are the BB versions supposed to be available?
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." Gen. George S. Patton

  9. #9
    Mrprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Hammock
    HH Explorer UL Zip
    Tarp
    DIY Gear Winter
    Insulation
    HH SS
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    1,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Crap! I guess that I need a quilt for really rainy trips......wouldn't want to freeze, or anything. What would the wife do without me? Just a little insurance policy.........

    OK ! I convinced myself. When are the BB versions supposed to be available?
    I will be picking up the hammock from AS this weekend. I have no idea as to how long it will take to come up with a design that will be KAQ-worthy. I am amlost caught up on orders though so should have time to work on it next week. That is, provided the job jar isn't out!!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member sir White Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Clarkesville, Ga.
    Hammock
    2 Warbonnet BlackBird & Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SF+
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Posts
    483
    Images
    24
    Hey Prez
    Careful, I have a feeling that when you announce a KAQ BB Your will truly runnith over

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •