How to go to ground with Ridgerunner as bivy?

Hey guys, so I've been preparing the past few months to go on a pretty major hike this coming Thursday--Ansel Adams Wilderness, just outside Yosemite via the John Muir Trail. I had planned on showing off my Ridgerunner and Cloudburst combo (which I still hope to do), but much of where my friends and I are going will be above treeline Therefore, there will be at least one or two nights where I'll have to go to ground. The thing is, I've gotten great at setting up the RR and Cloudburst...that is, when trees are abundant. However, I have been scouring photos of the area including Ediza Lake, and there appear to be very few trees at all. Now according to Warbonnet, the RR can be used as a bivy. Does anyone have any tips, advice, photos, suggestions on the best way to go about this? And how would one go about rigging the Cloudburst to accommodate this? I'd like to practice before looking like a putz in the wild. Thanks in advance!

Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by esotericist27 View Post
    Hey guys, so I've been preparing the past few months to go on a pretty major hike this coming Thursday--Ansel Adams Wilderness, just outside Yosemite via the John Muir Trail. I had planned on showing off my Ridgerunner and Cloudburst combo (which I still hope to do), but much of where my friends and I are going will be above treeline Therefore, there will be at least one or two nights where I'll have to go to ground. The thing is, I've gotten great at setting up the RR and Cloudburst...that is, when trees are abundant. However, I have been scouring photos of the area including Ediza Lake, and there appear to be very few trees at all. Now according to Warbonnet, the RR can be used as a bivy. Does anyone have any tips, advice, photos, suggestions on the best way to go about this? And how would one go about rigging the Cloudburst to accommodate this? I'd like to practice before looking like a putz in the wild. Thanks in advance!
    Here is Ed Speer in a ground set-up. Not a bridge hammock but it would work the same I do think.
    Shug

Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!

Shug's YouTube Videos

Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

Shug and Friends Jammin'

Hammock
    Night Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I know I'm a Noob, but I don't get the advantage of using your hammock like this. I mean, you could put a cloth down, maybe your uq down and then your top quilt on top. unless it is for the bug net, then I guess i understand, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Here is Ed Speer in a ground set-up. Not a bridge hammock but it would work the same I do think.
    Shug
    Thanks for that, Shug! That was what I had imagined all along. Btw, I am a big fan of your videos--"Whooo buddyyy!"

Quote Originally Posted by HammockPete View Post
    I know I'm a Noob, but I don't get the advantage of using your hammock like this. I mean, you could put a cloth down, maybe your uq down and then your top quilt on top. unless it is for the bug net, then I guess i understand, maybe.
    Yeah, HammockPete--it doesn't seem like there is any particular advantage. I suppose it's just a possibility to improvise when going to ground. I just opted to buy a 1 person tent. Won't be as comfortable, but at least I'll have another option for when I know trees won't be around.

Hammock
    DIY 11 footers
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE and GoLite
    Suspension
    Webbing cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by esotericist27 View Post
    Yeah, HammockPete--it doesn't seem like there is any particular advantage. I suppose it's just a possibility to improvise when going to ground. I just opted to buy a 1 person tent. Won't be as comfortable, but at least I'll have another option for when I know trees won't be around.
    Yah, it is all about the bugnet.....I don't have a bugnet on my RR, and thus would have no reason to use it on the ground. If I have to go to ground, it's using my existing tarp, pad and quilt(s).