Thread: Wet hammock?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WARBONNET SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    INCUBATOR/BURROW

Wet hammock?

I'm new and have been trying to perfect my setup. One question has been on my mind with all the rain we've been getting here lately. Anybody with the WBBB using the strap and buckle suspension take any extra precautions to prevent from getting the hammock ends wet? I'm assuming the water will drip off at the cinch buckles?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images
    When I was using a WBBB, I use to attached the free end of the tarp lines to the line between the hammock and the cinch buckles. Don't think I really needed to do that, but the hammock never got wet.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    Speer
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/Greylock3
    Images
    I've been using the cinch buckles for years, and haven't had any problems. I usually have socks or something hanging on them, not sure if that helps.
    Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go! - Rudyard Kipling

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    WB quilts
    Suspension
    Dutch, UCR
    Images
    I have Whoopies, to dutch buckles, to straps. I DO have just some 1.75 zing-it around the whoopies at the hammock. those are for it the drips make it past the buckles, past the tail of the whoopies. The rig went thru 9 straight hours of pounding rain in May up in Arkansas with nothing wet at all. If rain is forecast, I find the zing-it and position it. Otherwise, I forget those few inches of line are even there.
    Call me Junior

Pirating Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    BLOG