WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

Thinking of finally making the purchase

Hey guys, I have not posted anything in a long while but I have been lurking around. I am still using my tents but I really want to try the hammocks.

I really want the Clark Jungle Hammock but to be honest I am not spending that much money right now. Maybe in the future I will, if hammock camping is for me.

Right now I am looking at buying a few things, they are:
    -ENO Double Nest Deluxe Hammock
    -Atlas Hammock Suspension System
    -Dry Fly Rain Tarp
    -Guardian Bug Net
    It looks like I can get all of this for about $250. Is this a complete set up? Remember I am a hammock newbie, never even layer in one. So would I need anything else to complete the setup?

Also, most of my camping gear is from Big Agnes. Will my sleeping mat and sleeping bag work in this hammock ok?

Sorry for all of the questions guys. I have looked at a ton of videos and read many things and quite frankly I'm really tired of all the research and the only way I will know is if I try it.

I look forward to any of your thoughts, comments, and advice. Thanks.

Scott

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    Big Daddy w/doors
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    I had that same setup when I started. You will definitely need a pad (the cheapest way to go), air matress or Underquilt. This will help keep your back area warm at night.

I started with a sleeping bag also then switched to a top quilt, a lot easier to get in and out of. You will do a lot of experimenting (or should). I am sure others here will give you more advice.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Thanks Tacoma, I appreciate the advice. I am thinking my sleeping pad from Big Agnes will work for now. I just want to make sure when I place the order I am not forgetting a sling or a line or something.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    If you plan on doing any backpacking and weight is any kind of concern then I'd look at something else first. If you're just car camping then you're good to go.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Also, test your gear under controlled conditions like in the back yard so if something goes wrong you have a place to retreat to. That way you know what your gear can and can't do under certain conditions.
    Merchants Mill Pond SP Swamp Hang

www.neusioktrail.org ..................... Free Hammock Classes

Hammock Gear Time Line ..............Hammock Friendly Sites in NC

I am 18 with 42 years of experience.

Hammock Hangers...taking over the world..2 trees at a time !

Warbonnet BB 1.7 and a whole lot of other great gear from the vendors on HF

Hammock
    HH DJXL/DIY
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HHDB/Klymit/KAQ/IX
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Also, test your gear under controlled conditions like in the back yard so if something goes wrong you have a place to retreat to. That way you know what your gear can and can't do under certain conditions.
    +1 on that. If you know you're guaranteed a good night's sleep (gearwise anyways) before you take it to the woods, you'll enjoy yourself quite a bit more.
    A lotta ins... lotta outs... lotta what-have-you's

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Varies
    If I was planning to use a pad instead of an UQ, I would prefer a double layer hammock. The pad stays in place better when placed between the layers.

Hammock
    OX Gear
    Tarp
    OX Shed
    Insulation
    Custom m50 HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by SwinginIt View Post
    If you plan on doing any backpacking and weight is any kind of concern then I'd look at something else first. If you're just car camping then you're good to go.
    x2

Because if hiking/weight is a concern you will end up spending more money in the long run buying new gear all over again.

Been there done that and got one expensive as hell T shirt to prove it.
    I'm doing it wrong....

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Thanks everyone for the help. Weight and hiking really are not going to play a big role in my camping these days, at one time I thought they might but I will do more float trips and public/state campgrounds.

I went back and looked at the Clark NX250 and man it looks sweet. The thing I really like about it is that it looks open when you are sleeping in it, meaning the material doesn't look like it will be all in your face. With that said, in the ENO hammocks is the material all in your face when you lay in it? It just doesn't look comfortable but people swear by them.

I can get the ENO gear for half the cost of the Clark. Am I really sacrifices quality? And I am wondering if I should just drop the cash on the Clark??? But if the ENO works than why not.......to many decisions.................

The NX-250 looks like it would be MUCH nicer.... But they have always seemed weird to me. They look like a gathered end designed for you to sleep down the center? Seems like it would be weird to lay in, but I know they have a solid following.
    I also don't like poles...You can do fine without them, so the use of them calls for extra stuff... but that is more of a backpacking concern.