DIY D.L. Hammock, Eagle Nest pro
    Tarp
    Kelty12',9' & SF
    Insulation
    Down UnderQuilt
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings

The hog Roast, And learning Curve/fall

Went to a buried Hog Roast event. Whipped up a T-dog stand, for taking. Since, Had not recon the area for my hammock. I attached & Secured the T-dog stand to Xterra rack. Hmm.. get to event.. I see one Big fat tree in middle of field. BINGO!!! got my Anchor point to hang. Grins.

Set up hammock to Tree & Roof Rack, while sober and empty belly. Off to go feast on the Hog, walk back with few folks. Asking what is that!!.. is it safe. grin's.. Yes, its safe it's a DL 11 foot hammock. That cord looks small won't it brake?. NOPE, Will hold 1,200 pounds Each side. ooooooo wow..
    Planted Hammock seed in few others. ( a good thing)

lesson learned @ 2 am, few beers under the tropical shirt.. and getting into a hammock. One must always, take pride in Performing safe entry every time.. Let's just say, I had entered in one side.. to be gracefully tossed out the other side, with a thump.. And grunt. After dusting my self off, and glad it was Dark out. Made second attempt, with More grace & speed... Ahhhhhhh.. the cozy feeling of the hammock. Slept like a king Filled with Brew & Hog. Swinging from a lone tree in the breeze.

Just another notch in the Hammock life.. and always learning the right way to enter hammock.. BUT That Thar, is a wrong way too. ;-)

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG 3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Slings or Straps
    Images
    Chug, I am willing to bet that all of us have done this at least once, with or without the hydraulic dinner (beers). My most recent one was back in May during my Trail Days hike, on day #3 no less, with a full audience of groundlings in attendance and providing their commentary on my gracefulness in flipping over onto my back.

Sweeper
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Semper Gumby

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Yup, I'll admit to missing the rack. Glad to get that one outta the way early on in my hanging experiences
    www.walkingwiththeson.com

“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.” ~ Francis Chan

You get into a mess by being male, you get out of a mess by being a man ~ Steve Arterburn

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    DIY 5 oz CS Apex
    Suspension
    Straps & Rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
    Chug, I am willing to bet that all of us have done this at least once, with or without the hydraulic dinner (beers). My most recent one was back in May during my Trail Days hike, on day #3 no less, with a full audience of groundlings in attendance and providing their commentary on my gracefulness in flipping over onto my back.

Sweeper
    Could be worse...try doing it in front of your wife and two daughters who will never, ever, EVER let you forget about the incident...

Hammock
    DIY D.L. Hammock, Eagle Nest pro
    Tarp
    Kelty12',9' & SF
    Insulation
    Down UnderQuilt
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    whew, means I am right in on par with the learning profile.. rest of my Hang time shall be Perfect. knowing my mistakes are now behind me.. on the ground. ;-) ( I hope)